Mysterious Red Rubber Tabs on the Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Hi all,

This spring, and as recently as the weekend before last on Moosiliauke, I have been finding these strange red rubber objects. Views member SteveA and I found about a dozen of them on Whiteface and back at the parking lot he correctly identified the logo as the Hillsound symbol after comparing them to my crampons.

My question is this: Have any of you found these objects on the trail? I am sure there are at least a few people who have picked up these objects as well and wonder what they were.
Hillsound 2.jpg

Here is a link to an image of the likely suspect:
http://www.austinkayak.com/products...tml?source=2&gclid=CIyl5aDmkbcCFUOe4Aod3DwAvw

Anyways, just curious how much red rubber is being left on the trail.
Thanks,

Z:D

Attachments

• Hillsound 1.jpg
    Hillsound 1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 147
At least with Stabilicers you could pick up the screws that fell out from others and use them on yours as needed. Maybe someone will be creative and glue them on to worn soles.

Stll finding those things? I've found about 8 or so this year. Not very good advertising.

Don't have any such problem with Kahtoola. Not to plug or advocate or anything...

I am all about the Kahtoolas as well.

With the amount of trash I try to pick up I can't get behind a company that makes a product that leaves rubber behind. They make great products but this one is not for me.

Stll finding those things? I've found about 8 or so this year. Not very good advertising.

I can't remember if we found any on Madison or Adams during our last hike but, YUP, still tracking them down. Good to hear from you.

We should try to meet up again soon. I will send you a PM tonight.

Found this one yesterday on the A-Z Tr between the Willey Range and Zealand Tr.

20130707_31.JPG

Found this one yesterday on the A-Z Tr between the Willey Range and Zealand Tr.

20130707_31.JPG

Good eye, Ian.

Hopefully this hide and seek game of "find the Hillsound trash" does not become a yearly trend. I don't see how these tiny little tabs could possibly make a difference with anti-snowballing but I do see some serious "negative advertising" as you said.

Be well and see you soon,

Z