New hiking buddy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowshoe

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife had the baby on 7/13/04. Her name is Sierra Ashley. Now I offocially have a new hiking buddy. Hope no one minds that I posted this. Have to brag. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats!

Congratulations on the new arrival. Make sure she gets out early on those trails!:cool:

Wonderful! Most hearty congratulations! Might I suggest feeding her with a platypus instead of a bottle? No?

Congrats, Snowshoe!

My new hiking buddy is six months old, and I'm hoping to go for a hike this weekend - the bugs have been pretty bad until now.

CONGRATULATIONS Shawn, that is so wonderful, she's very beautiful!

Now go reply to all my email! Just kidding! Can't wait to speak to you, Good luck on your ranger interview today, just in time, I guess.

Hey, Rob and I are thinking of hitting the catskills next weekend... ;)

Jay

:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Shawn & Desiree!! :D :) :D :)

Hope to see you both soon. Keep in touch.

PS - How 'bout a section of the AT? Eric (Tuco) will be joining us, too. Lemme know. (Sunday, the 25th)

Shawn, congrats on your blessing and enjoy her while she's young :D (love her name!)

So you won't be joining us for a hike next week I suppose??:)

Anywhere you guys want to hike is fine with me....

Congratulations, Shawn amd Desiree! Now comes the hardest work of your life - raising a child...... I hear it's rewarding though. Good Luck!!

PS - One of these I'll have to drive out your way and go hiking with you and Jay again, maybe pick up my gaitors while I'm at it. :D

CONGRATS SNOWSHOE AND DESIREE!!!!

Can't wait to hike the Devil's Path with Sierra, if I can keep up with her, since she will probably be as fast as Dad!

Do we get to meet her at the gathering??

Enjoy, Shawn!

Laura

Shawn & Desiree -
Congratulations. I am very happy to hear of your new Happy & Healthy addition. Enjoy the glow and (beleive it or not) things will keep getting even better from here.

We have just moved from PA to MA for a Job Relo, but I might take you up on a car shuttle next summer if I can get back to NJ to finish the last (northern) 25 miles on the AT.

Now sit back & enjoy your Cigar!!!!!!!!
Rick

Great!

Congratulations snowshoe!

How soon can you tell if your baby tends toward hiking/peakbagging? And how can you tell?

Re: Great!

Tramper Al said:
[How soon can you tell if your baby tends toward hiking/peakbagging? And how can you tell? [/B]

How to tell if your baby is a peakbagger?

1) You push him/her in the stroller into EMS and they start drooling
2) They climb on top of furniture just because it's there

How to tell if your baby is a peakbagger?

You guys have it all wrong.... One can tell a baby is a peakbagger as soon as it starts to make lists for everything.

:p

Jay

I think she may end up being a great outdoors girl. While holding her at the hospital I caught her looking at the Kittatinny ridge from the room. Of course I had to tell her thats were we will be hiking. Got to get her started young.

We finally took her home yesterday. next will be a hike hopefully soon. Rob, keep me informed on your hike Sunday. It may be doable since I have to stay in shape for the academy. Oh ya thats the other good news, I finally got hired at Vorhees SP. I just have to pass the health exam and phsych test. Then I am in. That should be cake though. Thanks everyone.

AWESOME!

Congratulations again!! :D :D

Great news, twice in one week!

First a new beautiful, healthy baby ....... and now the new job at Voorhees! That's totally awesome, dude! :D :D

While holding her at the hospital I caught her looking at the Kittatinny ridge from the room. Of course I had to tell her thats were we will be hiking.
Yup, she'll be burning up the trails before you know it. :)

I'll email ya with the hiking plans for next Sunday. :cool:

(anyone else wanna hike in NJ on the 25th, PM or email me ..........:) )