NH RSA 265:95 'Sno go

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
Clear off the snow (if you can):

"Michaud said that police can issue a citation under the state RSA 265:95, which prohibits driving with "nontransparent material" on the front, side or rear windows that can obstruct the driver's view."

Quoted from:

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx...rticleId=10f0359b-b84b-4dc9-ac12-e00f4afb5080

P. S. Wade through the comments for some creative ideas on snow-clearing from vehicles.

Last edited:

"Michaud said that police can issue a citation under the state RSA 265:95, which prohibits driving with "nontransparent material" on the front, side or rear windows that can obstruct the driver's view."

Quoted from:

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx...rticleId=10f0359b-b84b-4dc9-ac12-e00f4afb5080

P. S. Wade through the comments for some creative ideas on snow-clearing from vehicles.
We have a similar law here (NY). Almost no one I talk to realizes it.

Quoted from:

What are their ideas about how to clear VFTT stickers off your windows....?

:eek:

Clear off the snow (if you can)
'Bout time. I'm tired of driving behind lazy-arse folks who don't clear that "sail" off of their roof and then deposit it, in whole or parts, upon my hood and windshield at highway speeds. I wish they would require it of large box-type trucks, but there's a safety concern for the truck drivers that needs to be addressed before that law ever gets passed.

I have first hand experience with the law in Mass. I rear-ended a girl at a "yield" intersection because she failed to clear her roof. She slowed to check traffic and began accelerating when she saw the coast was clear, but made a panic stop when she found the ice sheet that was on her roof was now completely covering her windshield. Long story short, I was given a written warning for following too close, but she was given a citation for impeded operation of a motor vehicle.

What are their ideas about how to clear VFTT stickers off your windows....?

:eek:

Actually, there is a tale over in the NY forum from last year of citations for this sort of thing: Traffic ticket for stickers on rear window

EDIT: Oops, just saw that you were a participant in that thread. Well, I'll leave this here anyway, with that annotation.

Last edited:
My spare tire obstructs a portion of my vision on the lower portion of my rear windowon the FJ. Combine that with my bike on my rack, and I might even be arrested! :eek:
I am assuming it's legal because they would have been banned by now. I think they are into their 4th year of production.

Last edited:
I am assuming it's legal because they would have been banned by now. I think they are into their 4th year of production.
A policeman once told me that the side mirrors on cars are technically illegal because they stick out beyond the sides of the car body.

Not everything that is technically illegal is banned in practice.

Doug