One for the weather geeks...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a unique shot! It really highlights the Apalachain ridges in PA. It is actually from the December 19th storm, not the most recent ones.
And no, I am not enjoying their discomfort, I am very jealous!! My lunchtime walk consisted mostly of bare rock and ice flows on S. Pack today.

As a note though, a co-worker who lives in Maryland is not enjoying the thought of another 12-18" of snow, and can't understand why I am jealous!

I was in NH the past couple of days and the complaint I heard was that it's "bad enough that Washington takes in all our taxes, now they're taking our snow, too!"

I saw one weather channel report after that big storm that showed some ridiculous percentage, like 3/4 or at least 2/3, of the country had some snow coverage.

You northerners that are missing the snow can head down here after tomorrow !

Speaking of snow covering much of the country...

Just did 100 miles of the southern Arizona Trail and can report first hand that there is snow in the higher elevations (6000 feet plus) of the Santa Ritas and Santa Catalinas, near Tucson! Still, was warm enough for shorts, and the Sonoran desert is just absolutely lovely this time of year. :)