Patric McCarthy in the news again

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I believe that the FBI has shared jurisdiction due to Federal land, NH has just approved a cold case unit and this might be a good one

Not sure why it took so long for experts to come forth

Sad

As one who has buried a child I have first hand knowledge of the agony these folks are going through.

"I drive by Patric's grave every day. I walk by his bedroom every night, and then I have to look at this stuff and say, why are not the people who have taken the oath to protect and serve not doing what they're supposed to do?" said Patric's distraught father, Stephen McCarthy.

I often wonder why have the authorities done nothing to apprehend the people who aided my own son's death. They are as guilty as he was. They were doing something they shouldn't have been and they all knew it. They left him lying there while they hid evidence. A quicker response might have saved him.

Sometimes there is no justice. There is always nagging doubt. You don't have to like it, but you have to learn to live with it.

I will say this: Chief Medical Examiner Thomas A. Andrew, M.D. did the autopsy on my son as well as little Patric. There is no doubt in my mind he did a thorough, professional, and conclusive job. The chances of him being wrong are zero as far as I am concerned.

KDT

I saw the News 9 report this morning. What I found interesting is the expert in Hypothermia commenting on the utter lack of "telltale signs" that this case was hypothermia (and even implied there may have been foul play involved since debris was found in the child's nasal passages). It will be interesting to see how things go down.....

Brian

I know that some locals involved in the search from the North Woodstock - Lincoln area still question the circumstances leading to the coroner's report (see angelwhipser76 comment below the article). This sad event was part of the motivation for the founding of PVSART, I think. Good to see that this case is getting re-opened if there is new evidence.

Last edited:
I know that some locals involved in the search from the North Woodstock - Lincoln area still question the circumstances leading to the coroner's report (see angelwhipser76 comment below the article). This sad event was part of the motivation for the founding of PVSART, I think. Good to see that this case is getting re-opened if there is new evidence.

There isn't new evidence. There's the opinions of some people who never saw the physical evidence firsthand, including a "hypothermia expert" who thinks after looking at photos that bruising and scratching is evidence of homicide, not the result of going far off the trail in an area that even the F&G SAR teams described as some of the most difficult they have encountered. And yeah, I was there at the time as well.

My former lab partner had his adult daughter murdered, and his wife died of a "broken heart". After several years of dogged investigation, the State Police charged 2 people with the actual murder but only got convictions on related charges. It was published in the newspaper that the daughter's husband had commissioned the murder but no charges were ever brought. The detective now retired says it was his most frustrating case. After the OJ circus, it seems that maybe a civil suit would might have been appropriate in her case too.

The article says that McCarthy's investigator has found who killed the boy and who planted the body. Perhaps he should release the names and let them sue for libel, or bring a civil suit.
[The names are out - see below]

Last edited:
Bump!

Came across this article, it explains more odd happenings surrounding the case I don't remember reading before. The step-mother, the boys step-uncle, step brothers....I donno what to think except that it is so sad.

Creepy

After reading all the links above, I find it really creepy how the alleged stepmom posting as "mlbsw" in VFTT so adamently tries to make a case for natural causes...there is waay too much circumstantial coincidences to close this case, and now NHAG office is playing CYA.

Bump!

Came across this article, it explains more odd happenings surrounding the case I don't remember reading before.

Honestly? I don't think it "explains" anything - just adds a bunch of conjecture, much of which strikes me as memory filtered through a current set of beliefs and assumptions. Human memory is notoriously vulnerable to revision and reinterpretation, and at that most of what they're pointing to as suspicious in other people's behavior doesn't strike me as that damning.

How would you react if your child were missing? Would it follow a script? Would everyone in your family react the same way? Can you think of people in your family who might feel the need to investigate on their own, especially if they felt the authorities weren't being effective?

I have no idea what did or didn't happen to that poor child, and maybe the forensic evidence is worth reviewing. But the rest strikes me a sheer conjecture and the result of people desperately trying to find answers whether or not they exisit.