Pictures from Mt. Rainier & Thanks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Wonderful, amazing pictures! I don't know where I'd be without the inspiration that you all provided with this trip.

Special thanks again to SherpaK for bringing NOT Duck to the summit for me. The little guy has another great achievement under his feathers.

MichaelJ, wouldn't that be "Not Feathers"? :)

Nice pics SherpaK, it was a pleasure to be on the rope with you and Yvonne. I'm currently uploading pictures of Summit Day and the Trip down myself, hopefully, I'll have them online tonight.

Jay

SherpaK, your pictures are absolutely amazing! Stunning! I've spent nearly all morning looking at them. I'm still wiping the drool off my keyboard. :D

SherpaKroto said:
HERE are my pics. All 103 of them (I took 227, and liked these best :))
Oh Man, SK, these are the most beautiful pictures I've seen all year. This is really spectacular... the whole climb and also the pictures you took. Wow. Wonderful!

-Dr. Wu

ADK4Life said:
So what is the next peak the team is looking to bag?
For me, one of the ADK High Peaks. Happily! I'm spending a week there starting on 8/18-8/24, then off to Maine, then BSP for LAbor Day. Did I mention that I love my life? :D

Thanks everyone for all the good words on the pics! The subject made it very easy, and I was thrilled when I saw how they came out. Maybe hiking slowly isn't so bad after all. I'm looking forward to JayH's. With me on his rope he should have many!

Gris: Whitney/Shasta, 2006, me amigo?

Sherpa,
Your pictures are amazing, you've got real talent.

There's a picture of Ed and me descending, (#86), that sums up the entire trip for me, the beauty of the mountain, the potential danger and the perfectly captured scale showing the size of it all.

Not bad for a beer-sucking, wiffy old-guy!!

We'll be definitely sharing some beers together soon. An Incredible week, incredible pictures.

I'm still buzzed by it all.

ClimbHi (also known as Bruce)

Yes, Sherpa the pictures are great. I breezed throught them fast (slide show set at 2 seconds) but will go back and have a slower look. I felt like I was there.

Fantastic pics Sherp, and everyone.

I have to get out there even if it's just to look *up* at the mountains :)

Bob

SherpaKroto said:
Maybe hiking slowly isn't so bad after all.

Your pictures are proof of that! Very stunning, beautiful shots.... Thanks for sharing them and congratulations once again to everyone for doing this trek and making it back safely!

SherpaKroto said:
HERE are my pics. All 103 of them (I took 227, and liked these best :))

The one of skimom in her chili headgear is priceless! Dani -- that has GOT to be your new avatar! :D

Pictures continued.

These are my pictures of

Day 1 climb to Camp Muir, Day 2, the rest day, Day 3 summit day and Day 4, the downclimb.

I didn't bring my camera to training so I didn't get any shots of people's butts in the air in the arrest position.

Webshots Link

Hope you enjoy them, my rope team after the little switcheroo on the Ingraham Flats was Me on point, Yvonne i the middle and SherpaK on the back. We kept the same format on the descent too.

Jay

Jay, very nice photos! Between looking at SherpaK's pics yesterday and your pics today, I am not getting anything done. :D :rolleyes: :D

You're a strong hiker ...... and I'm sure more big mountains are waiting for you. Hope to hike with you again soon. Congratulations, Jay. :)