purchasing VFTT bumper sticker?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
darren said:
I have the art file for the stickers. I sent in in online and got 500 stickers in the mail the last time. I did the same with the patches, except I got 300 of those. The price of patches was $3 each ($2 for the patch and $1 donation to the Brain Tumor Society). Stickers were 2 for $3 (the money was divided to cover the cost of the stickers, donations to BTS, and raised $300 to front another run of patches). I still have the $300.

My problem is that I can not get individual orders, and mail out stickers / patches. I am just too busy out here at Pearl Harbor.

If someone wants to volunteer mail out individual stickers or patches, I will help in the initial bulk order. But the volunteer will have to get all kinds of random orders in the mail, cash piles of $3 checks, stuff stickers / patches into the SASE (provided by the person ordering), and mail them out. PITA, let me tell you.

- darren

Darren,

Looks like Rick has offered to do seed money - I can as well if we want to separate stickers / patches. TeeJay has also offered to help with fulfilment, and again, if we want to split patches and stickers, I can help with one of them. PM me when you can if we want to move this forward - thanks!

Scott

ok, ok, I put in a typo, back in August!

David Metsky said:
Why? What are you talking about?

:D

I posted the original query, let's see, over 4 months ago, the header had VFTT, but I mistyped it as VFFT in the body. Sorry gang, forgive me for my sins!
;)

Again let me suggest a print-on-demand service so that no one member is burdened with mailing and monetary concerns.

I would volunteer to research this further and present a cost for such a solution. Yes, it will be more expensive than bulk ordering up front, but there is zero overhead on any one person after setup.

Let me know if I should pursue this and if so I need to see the art file(s).

Tim

Using Paypal

this may have been mentioned but you can not print 1st class or parcel post shipping labels on line; either on Paypal or USPS. I ship using Paypal a lot & trust me wish they did. You can do priority & more expedited methods but those would not be the route to take for shipping a sticker or patch.
also keep in mind that paypal keeps a portion of the funds received. not much but you do need to keep that as part of the equation. the lowest rate is 2.9% plus .30cents of the total paid in.
options for payment could be:
1.self-addressed & self-stamped envelopes? (for folks who don't have & don't want to set up a paypal acct). when someone places an order; once you know how many of each they wanted you could send an invoice /email with the correct shipping to their area. they could then send their ck and a self-stamped env with the correct amount of postage.
2. if they use paypal, again, they tell you what they want, you send an invoice noting the actual postage cost & they pay the invoice. again, keep in mind that there is a % paid to paypal. for a $6 order plus say $.97 (2 ounces) for shipping (est shipping to vermont) the fee is .50cents. you could either eat this or add to the cost of the invoice.
of course in order to either options you would need a postage meter, email & /or a paypal account where you can receive funds.
i have a postage meter here & am set up with paypal.
i would be more then happy to help if you would like; i am off on fridays right now so i could ship then.
let me know
bj

I think teejay is going to do it. I just need to find the time to get the orders going. I've been very busy.

- darren

teejay said:
Darren,

I'd be happy to take charge of the patches and stickers. I'd prefer to take cash and checks but would also accept Paypal (why pay them their cut, anyway). If you can get the order rolling and arrange to have them shipped to me, I can start booking and shipping the orders as soon as they are available.

teejay

Let us know what the easiest way for you to send these out. This is a big undertaking. Now we'll know each other passing on the road with our VFTT bumper stickers. And Happy Birthday today to you.

I thought I'd bump this back up since I don't know where it was left...saw a lot of VFTT stickers last weekend, and would have liked one on the truck too!

Sticker

I would buy one bumper sticker, as well. Wow, whoda thunk that my innocent request back in the summer would result in this. Thanks to the volunteers/organizers.

If someone is keeping a list of folks interested in purchasing patches/stickers, please put me down for 4 stickers. Thank you.

I'll throw in my lot for 2 bumper stickers as well. Has anyone pondered with the concept of doing them as the "European Style" oval-stickers? If that was already questioned I'm sorry if I missed it.

Looks like this fell by the wayside...anyone doing anything with this?

I also saw some old pics somewhere, and saw a VFTT teeshirt - any of those still around?

I got tired of waiting so made a cut and paste decal using the logo and my avtar. Hope that's okay. I've had one member notice, recognize me, and contact me about it! That was cool.