Rain All Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billski, it was a light to moderate rain in the Notch that day, and we just took our time. The Notch is more or less level, so if you do slip, you're not going to fall very far. Actually the climb up Mahoosuc Arm was a little more exciting, since it does feature some smooth, semi-steep ledges. But still, no big deal.

Thanks Bob. I'm game. Shooting for a nice day somewhere between July 10-17. I hear finding the forest road out of Berlin can be "interesting." Surprisingly, sometimes my GPS can be more help in-town than in the woods! ;)

Would the original poster please stand up (please stand up)? I wanna hear where you ended up getting soaked!

We got soaked on ball fields, graduations and dance recitals, so I'm ready for next week's SUNSHINE hike on Edmands Path!

[Enter thunderstorms.]

Would the original poster please stand up (please stand up)? I wanna hear where you ended up getting soaked!

We got soaked on ball fields, graduations and dance recitals, so I'm ready for next week's SUNSHINE hike on Edmands Path!

[Enter thunderstorms.]

See WhiteFace Tripyramid June 19-20, 2009 Trip Report

According to the Conway Daily Sun, it rain 16 of the first 22 days of June this year. Yuck!

It's rained so much and "sunned" so little that I now have moss growing pervasively on the roof ashpalt shingles! Even the tree trunks are growing moss fairly high up. :eek:

no work last weekend. was outside enjoying myself :D
This reminds me of my bro who lives in North Carolina. He always calls to gloat about the weather. He begins with a teaser "so, how's the weather?" Then he responds with, well, it was in the 70s all weekend in February and in March the flowers are blooming, etc. etc. So I decided to fight fire with fire. When asked I said "Oh, we've had fantastic weather. It has snowed every day and we've been skiing every weekend, daughter is playing hockey, took the kids tubing, then the family went ice skating. We then went into the woods skiing, sat out on the deck and got a tan. Boy that car handles great in the snow, we never stayed in side...blahblahblah." To that he responded, "Oh" and change the subject. :D

Well, the weather up in the Whites wasn't quite as bad as forecasted this past weekend, however it looks like we have wet weather for at least another week. Seems like a repeat of last year :/

I heard on NHPR this morning that it was 5 times rainier this June than last, and twice as much rain has fallen as is average for the month. Even if Thu/Fri dry out some as forecast, it's still going to be a muddy weekend if you can get out.

Tim

I heard on NHPR this morning that it was 5 times rainier this June than last, and twice as much rain has fallen as is average for the month. Even if Thu/Fri dry out some as forecast, it's still going to be a muddy weekend if you can get out.

Tim

Hey! Mud Season is back! :cool:

This weekend will NOT be rainy. It will be sunny. And hiking above treeline will be a joy for all ages. And no injuries will occur. And it will be awesome.

Repeat.

This weekend will NOT be rainy. It will be sunny. And hiking above treeline will be a joy for all ages. And no injuries will occur. And it will be awesome.

Repeat.

Repeat.

...They claim that this would equal about 50 inches of snow... :eek:

I have been saying to MFurgal64 all week, if this was February, we'd be doing the Happy Dance... the radar looks like a giant, stalled Nor'Easter sitting in the Gulf of Maine, pumping band after band of moisture ashore. Looks almost like the "feeder bands" coming off a tropical system.

And of course, it's all a brutal tease. I stepped out of the house at 6:30am and saw gaps in the gray, small blue patches up over Sandwich Dome; halfway down the valley, gorgeous blue skies over Welch... and then I hit Plymouth and it was back to the solid lid of gray with light showers and lots of spray from the cars ahead. Ick.