Resting on Labor day @ barnes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do_truancy

Reaction score
I thought I would just get a jump on reservations for the Labor Day weekend...I scored the last site # 6 for Fri-Sunday night.

All are welcome, just pass me some cash if you stay. Here's hoping for good hiking, times and weather. I will try to bring and fly a flag even though its not a 48 peak!

Truancy

Hmmmmm, Ya know if Aug 28th is a washout.. I think FunkyFreddy is also playing that Labor Day weekend... Maybe we can all just crash the party. My Barnes site was right next to #6 and #6 seemed like it had a huge parking spot... It was never occupied the entire time I was at Barnes and somebody finally moved into #4 (next to me on the other side) sunday night so it was pretty quiet all by my lonesome in #5. I bet every other huge group was wondering why me in my little backpacking tent was in Barnes field after all...

But then again, Barnes is a helluva drive to Moosilauke too...

Jay

None of that goes on anymore. do truancy is such a lightweight

yeah.. and she hates parties. this will be an event for people who like to head to bed at 9 p.m

Just bumping this post up- since the weekend is getting near, Barnes is reserved if there are hikers wanting a place to plot--all are welcomed. I had hoped to do a Pemi loop on the best weather day of the weekend but that was before breaking a bone in my foot into three.

as was stated no partying after 9.... yeah :eek:

Just bumping this post up- since the weekend is getting near, Barnes is reserved if there are hikers wanting a place to plot--all are welcomed. I had hoped to do a Pemi loop on the best weather day of the weekend but that was before breaking a bone in my foot into three.

as was stated no partying after 9.... yeah :eek:
H ey! Almost got Barnes myself -- thanks a lot for going through the trouble. As long as my knee is ok I'll see you there!!

-Dr. Wu

Ed Webster slide lecture in NC

A bit of a drive from Barnes, but here is an option for early Saturday evening.

Ed Webster slide lecture, The First Ascent of Cathedral Ledge to The First Ascent of K2: 1910 - 1954.

When: Saturday Sept. 4th at 7 PM
Where: International Mountain Equipment in North Conway, NH.
Tickets are $8/person at the door.

The lecture will include photos by (and of) Robert Underhill, Leland Pollock, Lincoln & Miriam O'Brien, Ken Henderson, Bill House, Paul Petzoldt, Bob Bates, Charlie Houston, & Fritz Wiessner, plus the Italian team that made the 1954 FA of K2.

PLUS: photos of BOTH the 1938 & 1939 American K2 expeditions.