Romance and Hiking Do Mix, 11/12/2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than a little insanity; I could write a damn book. Though on the whole hikers are probably no less "crazy" than the rest of the population. Now climbers, that's a whole other story!! And semi-pro mountain bikers ..... Man I've clearly gotta get some different hobbies! :eek::rolleyes:
Chris,

Oh yeah - life in the fast lane! The last couple groups include some intense folks.

:rolleyes:

Romance and hiking mix? Really? ;)

Excellent telling, Earl!
Thanks MichaelJ,

It's only my opinion - based on observation.

I believe you too have some first-hand experience in this area.

:)

The reason we spilt up where we did is I deemed the conditions to be unsafe to continue, she refused because she "needed" Madison for her "list". Ive climbed alot and in horrible conditions on many peaks up to and over 14,000ft, the reason Im still here is I know when to call it a day, no mountain or no list is worth dieing for. The thing about mountains is thier not going anywhere you can always go back, but a smart climber uses good judgement to control what I refer to has " risk management", yeah she was hot, but not hot enough to die for.:eek:

The morning after climbing Granite Pk (MT) wasn't bad either :cool:

Alpine flowers ring still waiting to be upgraded by real ring but that's allright, I can be patient :D

At the big rock just below the summit of Little Haystack...never mind that everyone goes behind there to pee. It was still romantic, though we can't equal Mt Whitney or Granite Peak!

The reason we spilt up where we did is I deemed the conditions to be unsafe to continue, she refused because she "needed" Madison for her "list".
..........:eek:

It seems you made more than one good decision that day.

;)