Santanoni Range FRI 2/17

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiteman

Reaction score
I am looking to do this range on Friday 2/17. Right now this is a solo event, but I'd welcome a friendly soul for the hike.

I'm planning on an early start. My pace is steady/moderate, a reliable diesel engine, sometimes shift into low range on the steeper parts. Plenty of experience on the trail--these will bring me to 37, 38,39 for the 46ers and 89, 90, 91 for the NY/NE 115. (Long strange trip!)

Let me know...

David

We have had very little snow in the Dacks this year, maybe a bit more in the western high peaks, but overall not many people using snowshoes. Monday should be a pretty safe bet for packed trails, as this weekend is the Winter Gathering and all of the peaks are scheduled to be climbed.

Last edited:
Looks like Fun!

Sorry I can't join the Gathering--will be with family until Monday. I surely do appreciate having folks running before me, making sure the trail is nicely identified and the snow is shaken off the branches. I will be spoiled! Maybe I'll see some of you ADK Gathering folks on Monday. Cheers!