Save the date: Pat and Audrey's potluck Saturday 11/5/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there with pie! Perhaps one apple, one ricotta?
(this time, the ricotta will be moist!)
I'll let my spouse figure out the dog thing. :)

There is a plan in motion to be there... Cooper is stayin home the best I can figure (he has been a sick guy - in the hosp for 2-days due to a "dietary indiscretion"... bad-boy ate something foul, and is still recoup'in)

May stay - may not... you know how that goes :D
Especially looking forward to it this year, too!

The beetles, etc, should be incenerated, NO??

There is a plan in motion to be there... Cooper is stayin home the best I can figure (he has been a sick guy - in the hosp for 2-days due to a "dietary indiscretion"... bad-boy ate something foul, and is still recoup'in)

May stay - may not... you know how that goes :D
Especially looking forward to it this year, too!

Poor boy! My two had a similar experience with some tainted dog treats a few weeks ago...not fun for us or them. Hope it "runs" its course quickly!

Sounds like there's a story here!:)

Last year, on the same day as the pot luck, we had a ton of stuff going on all morning and afternoon, and having a one year old with an early bedtime we were not sure if we could make it. I didn't commit to to going until really late the day of the party. So, I send Pat and Audrey a PM for the address, but of course by that time, they were in the throes of party prep and not checking the VFTT site for slackers like me who needed an address to attend a party where the invite was posted months in advance.
About 30 minutes before the party I put on my detective (eh-hem stalker) hat on. I google searched Pat and Audrey Lexington. (No idea what their last name was.) I got a link to an article in a local paper about dogs off leash in a wooded park. In the comment section, "Pat and Audrey" had expressed their wise thoughts on the given situation. The comment included their last name and street. Wow!
Well, I knew they were dog lovers, right. Got to be the same Pat and Audrey. We figured we would go to the street, hope it wasn't too long a street, and look for a ton of cars with hiking gear inside and VFTT, AMC, or other bumper stickers indicative of hikers on board. It worked!

You ARE a stalker!!! And you have such an innocent face!
LOL! Great story!!:D And now you know your way there, too.

Last year, on the same day as the pot luck, we had a ton of stuff going on all morning and afternoon, and having a one year old with an early bedtime we were not sure if we could make it. I didn't commit to to going until really late the day of the party. So, I send Pat and Audrey a PM for the address, but of course by that time, they were in the throes of party prep and not checking the VFTT site for slackers like me who needed an address to attend a party where the invite was posted months in advance.
About 30 minutes before the party I put on my detective (eh-hem stalker) hat on. I google searched Pat and Audrey Lexington. (No idea what their last name was.) I got a link to an article in a local paper about dogs off leash in a wooded park. In the comment section, "Pat and Audrey" had expressed their wise thoughts on the given situation. The comment included their last name and street. Wow!
Well, I knew they were dog lovers, right. Got to be the same Pat and Audrey. We figured we would go to the street, hope it wasn't too long a street, and look for a ton of cars with hiking gear inside and VFTT, AMC, or other bumper stickers indicative of hikers on board. It worked!

I have used an ancient third order differential algorithm called the dougpaulian formula to calculate that 7,349 people will attend this event. Most will arrive by the front door and few will leave until a USFS ranger comes in full uniform and explains the disorderly pile of debris at the edge of the wilderness. After that Pat will sing Italian love songs.

You get a reserved parking spot if your car has a VFTT sticker on it.
Jay H gets one just because there are so many stickers it's hard to tell if one of them is a VFTT.

This is always a great time! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks Pat and Audrey for hosting and welcoming us all to your lovely home again:)

-MEB

Freezer...

I just took something out of the freezer for Saturday night. I'm guessing most of you have never had it, and the rest of you have never heard of it. Hope you get to try it, I don't think there'll be enough for 7349 people... but I'm sure there WILL be enough food for 7349 people...

Hmmm, what could it be...

KDT

I just took something out of the freezer for Saturday night. I'm guessing most of you have never had it, and the rest of you have never heard of it. Hope you get to try it, I don't think there'll be enough for 7349 people... but I'm sure there WILL be enough food for 7349 people...

KDT

Alligator eggs?

KDT

That's OK, we'll just pass it around and lick it.