Sir Edmunds (Jeffrey) completes the Winter NE100 Highest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't pass this one up... One of the most laid back, modest, and strongest hikers in the North East wrapped up the Winter New England 100 highest with an epic solo trip to Boundary in Maine. Report (He is also a Winter 115'r) :)

I was supposed to join him for this hike on Saturday, but we bailed due to the weather. We briefly discussed a Sunday trip, but the 11 hours of driving along with a 28 mile hike (with a Monday work day to follow) caused me to wimp out. Goes to show that this dude is no wimp! :D

Most of us know him as Jeffrey, and many of us have had a blast camping and hiking with him over the past 3 winters (and other seasons).

Congratulations!!!!! :)

Well deserved!!!

Last edited:
Congrats, Jeffrey (Sir Edmund). We met on the Tri's-Whiteface-Passaconaway traverse on Frodo and Stinkyfeet's initial winter NH4s record three years ago; Andy Thompson was also there, sans snowshoes!

Dr. D.

Profound trip!

Boundary was one of the ones that got away from me cause of the storm, would have been there Saturday if it Wern't for the snow! -- I was planning on doing the America side approach tho.

Congrats on the WNEHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job.

And I see from your trail reports you went in via the parking lot up near Gosford and over to Monument 443!! That has to be miles longer and I know there's a section that is rather "cliffy". Like here just above monument 444:

July_13_2006_105855.sized.jpg

Did you ski that? :D Awesome. Nothing like taking the easy way!! ;)

I agree with Bob-
One of the most laid back, modest, and strongest hikers in the North East

And Sir Edmund has been known to forfeit his own summit attempts to help others in distress...

Nice!!!

He kinda reminds me of Clark Kent,then he put's his hikin' gear on!I remember 1 hike we did N PK of Kennebago ,Whitecap and Cupsuptic,the guy ran a down hill race with Neighbor down Whitecap down to the field laughing all the way!Me and Chickity looked at each other and thought they were crazy!!!They are!!!!!! :D :D

Thanks

thanks folks, i really appreciate your kind words. ;)

i haven't spent much time on VFTT over the past two years, so i imagine i've missed out on a lot.

congrats to all who've completed lists, and bigger congrats to all who get out there simply because they love the mtns! (i like to think we can do both :D)

edmunds