Snow, snow, snow

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orsonab

Reaction score
I fear that we have seen the last significant snowfall till October. With that in mind may I propose that everybody who reads this forum do the following at exactly 9pm tomorrow: find a nice, quiet room; light a scented candle (anything but "potpourri"), kneel cross-legged on the floor; hold hands with a loved one (or cat, if you must); and chant the following "snow, snow, let it snow." I believe that the power of the minds of those on this forum (some more than others, let's admit) will cause the heavens to cool and moisturise bringing a spring storm to at least the Whites. Who's with me, brothers and sisters??!!!!

I'm with ya but only if we include the Cats and Dax in the chants... :p
My mother always burned a black candle to keep the snow away, so I do believe these candles have to be white :D.
I think we have to keep this low key or else the villagers may come hunt us down, so many are so pleased with the warmth!

The Tao of Pooh

One must flow harmoniously with the seasons, as a stream over rocks, rejoicing in each new arrival (to wit, crocuses this week). This sounds so ludicrously new-agey that I want to wedgie myself while loudly exploring the outer reaches of Tourette's Syndrome, but it is nonetheless true. Winter is dead; long live Spring.

That said, I really grieve the loss of my skis for the year!

Hey, it's not over yet- if you're willing to work for snow there is still pleanty to be had- how many more days till next ski season?

king tut said:
i don't foresee myself praying for snow after the thermometer hits 70 tomorrow. I'll be praying for beach season.

There are no beaches in Maine, didn't you know that? ;) There are only breaks in the rock where sand has washed in from down south.

I wish we had more snow, but at this point bring on spring.
No wait, I have a better idea. Let it warm up and have the bugs come out, then have a cold snap and kill them all off! Yeah, that's the ticket.

:)

There's still good snow in the Whites, though not as much as we should have this time of year. This week I was able to hike 3 times, one mtn on new winter snow (including wading through knee-high drifts), one on hard-packed snow and ice, one on softening spring snow. But, it's melting fast right now, so go for it!

Great idea!!! I will light the candle for the warm spell to lure the bugs out and then the cold spell to kill them off and save the remaining snow- UGH! I had conveniently forgotten about the bugs- light those candles!

Heck, I'm skiing this weekend, and probaby a few more times in April/May. We're not dead yet!

-dave-

Snow ??? My Harley Davidson does not have studded tires or a ski :eek: , so ..........I will not participate in the prayer session :cool:

I've got a NIMBY attitude about the snow. I'd love it to be winter in the mountains all year and be summer everywhere else!

Since I'm not moving out west, I guess I shoud stick with my second wish. That's for everything to melt and dry up fast. All or nothing baby! Either give me full on winter or summer. No mud, no rotten snow, no rain, none of that crap. Either plenty of good snow or warm sunny days!!

Sorry, but i will be glad when i don't have to dress up like a mummy and drive through snow storms. Plus my dog has fallen through the ice twice this year.come on sun :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bye Bye Winter

I believe King Arthur said it best:

The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In (pick your favorite hiking area)

Winter had its chance - it's time for warm weather.

One last hurrah this Sunday at Smuggler's Notch... then probably some spring skiing at Tux sometime (or maybe some Huntington Ravine fun)... and that'll probably be it for me.
But today I'm getting the bike and kayak rack back on the car. I've been pale for too many months now, it's time to get that summery color back!

SOFAS said:
I believe King Arthur said it best:

The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In (pick your favorite hiking area)

Winter had its chance - it's time for warm weather.

Shakespeare also said:

Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

King Richard III Act one scene one

I'll join the minority!! Skied down Tecumseh in Oct. and was thinking that it might be a good winter. Was I wrong! It was way too warm today for my noon trail run. I've still got a few days of skiing planned if I can get out of work!!