Sonny M. completes the ADK 100 highest ...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis C.

Reaction score
In the mtns, being chased (!) & Tewksbury, USA
I recently spent (6) days last week in the Adirondacks with Sonny M. accompanying him on hikes / bushwhacks of Brown Pond Peak, Little Santanoni, Lyon Mtn and Averill Peak. He finished on Lyon (fire tower) on Saturday, Oct. 8. We used trail bikes on back country roads as conditions allowed. Our trip was delayed (3) days waiting for a lingering low pressure system to clear out of the area, but had great sunshine and temps after that. Starting from the central Adirondacks and working northward, we took travel / rest days between major hikes, and even grabbed a "Poke-O-Moonshine" just before the final excursion. Sonny was beaming as we celebrated his long sought goal.

Congrats Sonny !

It was fun doing a few of those with you, great souvenirs will remain !

I hope we'll meet again soon for more peaks, and Hourra ! for the ''p'tit maudit'' :D

And thanks Dennis for posting :)

Great feeling to complete adkhh!!!

Congratulations, Sonny. Took a while to get those stragglers, but you did it in style and with good company.

Yes I certainly had good company finishing on Lyon's Mtn. with Dennis. He and I have climbed more peaks together than I have with anybody else. He was a great motivator ,inspiration,great hiking partner and beer drinking brother. I think Dennis was as excited as I was on my finish. Now on to the 777.:):)

For all the years that the 2 adjacent sportsman's clubs have leased the land from Finch Pryun paper, those leases excluded the slopes and summit of Dun Brook Mt. We learned about that restriction in a conversation with a Finch Pruyn executive subsequent to 3 of us joining one of the clubs and whacking DB. For some reason, access to DB was limited to Finch Pruyn executives.

That information has been previously posted so hikers and club members might become aware that while permissoin to hike is sometimes granted by clubs, it is technically not allowed.
Legal access to Dun Brook is on the horizon. When NYS purchased easements for the Fishing Brook and Dun Brook range earlier this year, those easements included recreation easements. Once easement corridors have been established by DEC, hikers will have corridor access to the summit of DB mountain, likely sometime in 2012.

Congratulations, SonnyM!!! It was great meeting you and Dennis last summer at the Putnam Pond trailwork weekend.

Good job Sonny, you certainly earned it after all this time :D

I encourage people to make their own research instead of blindly following information (or misinformation) from an internet forum :rolleyes:

Félicitation...

Bravo Sonny,

Depuis que je sais que tu parles et lis le français je me gênerai pas pour te donner l'occasion d'un peu de pratique.;)

Un trop long temps s'est écoulé depuis notre première renconte au Utah et la dernière sur Blue Mountain. Ce soir je lèverai ue bière en direction du Sud CHERRRRR!!!:)

Good Job for this two "legendaire" hikers Sonny & Dennis.

I hope to have a special invitation when You will finish the next great GOAL.

Pinpin.