Tecumseh solo 3/26/2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to make it absolutely clear - there were two completely separate and unconnected groups going up North Tri slide that day. We weren't part of the same trip, we arrived in different cars, we didn't even like each other, I think they were dog people and cat people. In no way, shape, or form was it one group of more than 10 people. That would have been against wilderness ethics, almost as bad a solo hiking.

I think at one point I counted 17 solo hikers on North Tripyramid.......all except for one had the inclination to look down at the feet when da ranger showed up...thanks for taking one for the team ;)

Da Ranger tracking suspicious clusters of solo-hikers below Tripyramids ......
pale-rider-560.jpg

I think at one point I counted 17 solo hikers on North Tripyramid.......all except for one had the inclination to look down at the feet when da ranger showed up...thanks for taking one for the team ;)

I was only checking out the mud on my shoes, had nothing to do with the Ranger asking any questions......I was being shy being surrounded by all the strangers on the summit! :eek:

I'm thinking a traverse of Jackson.....maybe twice if good weather.....;)

Sounds like you might be biting off a little more than you can chew. I would suggest The North Face of Bumfagging Hill as an endeavor that might be better preparation. Just be sure not to leave your pack in the col.

Finally got off the lower back rehab shelf and repeated Mats' daring solo of Tecumseh on Saturday evening for my first NH4 since early November, the perfect choice. Looked hard across the valley for the missing disco ball on the north slide of Tri in vain. Followed up with a successful summit bid on the notoriously hard to follow trail on the southwest face of Jackson today; there was quite the bottleneck of climbers on the summit pitch because of the ferocious winds, but we prevailed, avoiding frostbite and hypothermia. So, Mats, I wish you luck on Jackson; pick you day and you should be fine.

Like we say in my country : Double BRAVO, I am WOW-erised Mats, what a accomplishment !!!

RE-WOW again for coming up with such a strong mental spirit, I mean, Tecumseh can be a b*tch !

Good friends of mine did it in winter a long time ago, expedition style too :

Tecumseh expe

Sorry if you can't read french, they talk about beer, girls and music, the only thing missing is your disco ball !!)

:D