The Essence of Mount Washington: An Evening with White Mountains Photographers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w7xman

Reaction score
This Saturday Evening, Patrick LaFreniere (forestgnome) and I will be presenting a slideshow of our images in the White Mountains at the Mount Washington Observatory's Weather Discovery Center in North Conway.

The event is designed as a FREE friend-raising event for 'Club Level' Members of the Observatory, and RSVP's are requested.

I just finished putting together the slideshow of about 40 images, and I certainly can't wait to hear Patrick's stories of his moose encounters and photography. Also included are some of his fantastic aurora shots over White Mountain icons.

I am presenting 20 images that highlight the beauty of the seasons, and seasonal transitions on the Presidential Range.

I know many here are members of the Obs at the 'Club Level', so I hope to see some of y'all there!

Here's a link:
http://observatory.mountwashington.org/site/Calendar/1469375386?view=Detail&id=100141

Last edited:
Awesome! I plan to be there!

Details from the page:

Date: Saturday, May 16, 2009
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Address:
2779 White Mountain Highway
North Conway, NH 03860

If you'd like to attend this event you can RSVP online.

Last edited:
We're There!

Judy and I (and Emma) have been looking forward to this for weeks! Seems there will be a lot of MWOBS and VFTT folks there, lets get together afterward at the Moat Mountain Brewery.

KDT

lets get together afterward at the Moat Mountain Brewery.

What do you think about doing a pre-event dinner? I don't know if I can wait until 9:00 for dinner...when you get old like me, you like to eat early.

What do you think about doing a pre-event dinner? I don't know if I can wait until 9:00 for dinner...when you get old like me, you like to eat early.

I'm definately down for the Moat afterwards, but like rocket, am an olde man who wants to be up early to shoot the sun. My social life prays for rain so I can stay out late ;)

Actually I'm not game...was just notified by e-mail from MWO that I don't qualify...I didn't understand the 'club' bit - you have to be a 'Summit Club' member or better to go. I am, alas, only an 'Individual' member, so I will not be attending.

Last edited:
Actually I'm game again, thanks to someone who has some connections! Looking forward to it.

As expected, this was a great presentation! Not only was the photography stunning, but the commentary by both Jim and Patrick was hilarious! Great job, guys!

mwo02.jpg

A man...a legend...forestgnome meets Darl58, as Kevin, Judy (& sans Emma, who was out partying with Judy's brother) watch in awe.

mwo03.jpg

w7xman starts his presentation with a 'Yo mama so good at math..." joke

mwo04.jpg

forestgnome starts his presentation with a 'I just flew into the room, boy are my arms tired!' joke

mwo05.jpg

Q&A after the presentations. Among the questions asked by the audience, "Have you ever stumbled across the remains of Jimmy Hoffa whilst photographing in the wilderness" and "I like cake, do you like cake too?"

Joking aside, it was a great presentation. I was amazed at the quality of the photos, as well as how humble both photographers were. Great job, guys!

Rocket21, thanks for the recap and the photos. That's something I'd have like to have seen, and I look forward to catching the encore presentation (and I do hope there will be one).

Glad I was able to join you guys at the Moat and even happier to of been able to be invited over to see the Presentation! Patrick and Jim did an amazing job of collaborating the Pics and were very entertaining.

Thanks to all for a fun evening and lots of shared stories and entertainment!

Patrick, nice meeting you again and Jim, lots of fun talking and sharing stories!!

Rocket...I'll see you on the trails!! Foss Mtn maybe?????? May be I missed a few Easter Eggs way many years ago...................

Kevin & Judy, great seeing you again and having time to visit! Can't wait to hike again soon! Thanks!!!!

Thanks to Jim and Patrick; we had a great time. Not only were the photos great, the running commentary that accompanied them was even better! Thanks for an enjoyable evening.