The Legacy of Dr. Kudish

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Dr. Kudish has just announced the "Michael Kudish Natural History Preserve". It's located near Mt. Utsayantha in the Stamford area.

Featuring Research, Public Education, Recreation, and Art, "The Preserve is dedicated, in perpetuity, to continued support and protection of the natural and human heritage of the Catskill Mountain Region."

Details about the preserve are on his new, very professional looking web page. I urge you to check it out and get involved!

(I'm not affiliated in any way)

Omigosh, I thought this thread was going to announce the passing of Dr Mike Kudish -- phew! Thankfully not!!!
One of my all time favorite hikes in the Catskills was with Dr Kudish --- I was expecting a very high profile scientist (which he is in the Catskills), and was surprised to meet a small, ever-smiling, sneaker wearing, peanut butter sandwich eating very very approachable and kind person.
Congrats on the preserve! It must be a very special place, indeed! :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same as Sabrina and glad we are both wrong. Dr Kudish is such an assett to nature, to the catskills and to us all, this is really fitting for a person of such character. I hope there is a nice hidden bog in the preserve to explore!

Jay