the polarguards

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
ok -going to upgrade my 3 season bag. I like synthetics better for a few reasons - but thats another debate.

the companies tell us that polarguard delta is now the lightest and most compact. (besides down) does anyone have any first hand dealing with this - how much more compact and lighter is than 3-d and the older HV?

I have an old polargaurd HV bag (about 4 pounds and stuffs ok) - that is on its way out - is the delta really that more compact - or this a marketing ploy?

got my eyes on the moonstone minima

thanks.

the 3D looks like it packs smaller and is lighter, I have no vested interests, but I noticed Hiltons has the 3d for $110.00

SPECIFICATIONS

Model: Delta Minima
Temp Rating: 20
Insulation: Polarguard Delta
Weight: 2 lb 13 oz.(Reg)
3lbs. (Long)
Stuff Size: 9.5 x 15.5 in.
Material: 40D Pertex Diamond Ripstop

Moonstone 3D Minima
Sleeping bag specfications
Size Regular
Long

Bag Weight 2.4 lbs
(1.1 kg)
2.7 lbs
(1.2 kg)

Fill PolarGuard 3D

Fill Weight 21 oz
(595 gm)
24 oz
(680 gm)

Outer material Pertex Diamond Rip 1.6

Liner material Pertex Poly Taffeta 1.9

Compressed Size 9.5" x 13"
9.5" x 13"

Do not judge the packed volume of a sleeping bag by the dimensions of the stuff sack with which it is sold. I'm just saying.

ray way

If you want some good data and opinions on the subject, check out ray Jardine's site. He has a lot to say about it, but basically he says delta is a sham, and 3-D is actually the best for durability etc. I for one was dissapointed with a 3-D bag I owned, and traded it in for a 650 goose down.