Trailwrights or other lists:

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SlowHiker

Reaction score
Being a self confessed shameless lists peak bagger, I am looking at lists that I may attack during the non-winter seasons. I was tempted by the NE111 but those are some serious drives for me. However, the Trails Wright list seems perfect. If I count the 10 peaks left in my W48 list I’ll be halfway through the TW72 list. I kind of like the whole idea of 1 peak per hike, and the required trail work thing.
I started going through the list with maps to figure out where some of these are and creating a spreadsheet, but then figured someone must already have done something like this. Does anyone have a list of the the TW72 as far as location, what trails they are near, best trail heads , elevation gain, miles for particular trails or BWs etc. etc.

Any info on other lists that I may consider would also be appreciated. Thanks

I like the unofficial list of the NH 4Ks completed when I had a reasonable view ;). So many folks get obsessed to finish the list and count any summit as a good one, many usually end up revisiting them later when the pressure is off although I expect Isolation and the Owl may be single visits for many. I didn't send in my 4K application until I had completed the list with views.

Looks like you'd hit almost all of these just doing the NH 4k's. I think I've been on almost all of these. I'm a Trailwright list bagger and I didn't even know it. :)

Lots of trips even though they are close to common 4Ks. Takes nine trips to the Carter-Moriah-Wildcat Range to get all the ones up there, for example. But yes, if you happen to be working on the grid, it's not hard to add these in. Just by doing 3+ winter 4Ks rounds, I'm at 58 of 72 in winter.

Tim

Lots of trips even though they are close to common 4Ks. Takes nine trips to the Carter-Moriah-Wildcat Range to get all the ones up there, for example. But yes, if you happen to be working on the grid, it's not hard to add these in. Just by doing 3+ winter 4Ks rounds, I'm at 58 of 72 in winter.

Tim

NINE trips? Does the Trailwright List require going up and down to catch each peak individually? One trip through the Carter Ridge can get you on all those peaks. Is that not how it is tallied?

NINE trips? Does the Trailwright List require going up and down to catch each peak individually? One trip through the Carter Ridge can get you on all those peaks. Is that not how it is tallied?

Yes. 72 peaks, 72 trips, 72 hours of trail work. You could of course do multiple peaks in one day as long as you return to the trailhead in between.

The Adams family is another 5 - Adams, Sam Adams, Adams 5, Adams 4 (Abbigail) and JQA.

Tim

I like the way Trailwrights does it. I'm doing the Belknap Range and just decided ahead of time to not count the peaks, until I do them all individually. I might do more then one on a trip but I'll go back to do them again to count them. I know some even bag the whole range at once or most of it, but since they have a patch, I thought I'd at least try and earn it.

Yes. 72 peaks, 72 trips, 72 hours of trail work. You could of course do multiple peaks in one day as long as you return to the trailhead in between.

The Adams family is another 5 - Adams, Sam Adams, Adams 5, Adams 4 (Abbigail) and JQA.

Tim

I would never do it but that is pretty cool actually. That is an earned list for sure.

Has anyone ever put together a White Mt list of non-peak lookouts or ledges? I know we have lists for 4Ks, 3Ks, 2Ks, 52wav, etc. lists for trailed peaks, bushwhacks, fire towers, and waterfalls. I'm thinking of a list that would include such non-peak viewpoints as Zeacliff, Lookout Ledge, The Quay, Shining Rock, The First Castle, Glen Boulder, etc. I'm sure you all could name many more.

Tim
And of course I did the Carters and Wilds all in one two day trip (slept at the hut), leaves at 8 more trips- LOL.
At least with the Adams's there are numerous trails to break it up.

Keep your eyes open for the Nomad 100 that's going to be released this year I believe.

Nope sorry. You must start at the Trailhead in order to count. So only one Wildcat or Carter per hike. Starting from the trail head each day.