Tuckerman Ravine Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like fun....count me in! Last time I hauled my ski's up there I vowed I'd never do it again....so, if I decide not to bring them I'd love to give my climbing gear some use....or maybe it would be just fun to watch everyone else.

-MEB

What's the rule and/or how does anyone feel about dogs? My husband can be lured out this weekend too, but we'll have to bring the dogs.

Leahed is the rule I'd assume. Is anyone opposed to dogs?

sleeping bear said:
What's the rule and/or how does anyone feel about dogs? My husband can be lured out this weekend too, but we'll have to bring the dogs.

Leahed is the rule I'd assume. Is anyone opposed to dogs?
This event sounds interesting... and I was planning on heading back to Tux this year anyway.

As for the dogs, I saw many dogs at Tux last year. One guy that skied down the Lip went up the headwall with his dog. On the run down the dog was RUNNING after him, following his arcs as he skied :eek: It was one of the most amazing and coolest things I've ever seen! The Lip can get to 50 degrees.

sounds like a fun weekend (all dates are good). i may join in!

Lawn Sale said:
I have some lenses, from 19mm to 500 mm for a Pentax mount you can borrow, but the 500 mm is a fixed length and not a mirror, so it needs a ton of light.

Thanks, but I shoot Canon.

The 400mm on my 20D with it's 1.6 mag factor yields an Image Stabilized 540mm. :D :D :D

- darren

Are you all planning on this as Sat/Sun or will anyone be there friday ?
My nephew and I were planning another Washington hike, but hiking friday, hanging out friday night would probably be it for us.

tucks time of year

you all might see me gully climbing in tucks during this weekend coming up -thnx :cool:

It looks like things are pretty thin up there, so better earlier than later....plus I need to keep Carmel and Seema happy....so I'll call it and say the weekend of April 15-16th. That is Easter weekend and I will stay true to my word. I'll buy a Mout Mtn pulled pork sandwich for the first person to ski over the lip in a bunny costume. :)

Any ideas on where we want to camp? Barne's Field?

I'll plan on going up Fri nite and probably hiking in to Tux Sat and Sun.

- darren

I'll likely be there just Saturday as a day trip, not skiing but competing with Darren for photographs.

With any luck, I'll be trying out my 500mm f/8 manual reflex mirror lens. That should be good for a laugh or two. :)