Vermont maps recommendations?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Ridgerunner

Reaction score
I live in Central NY and hope to begin working on my NE67 this fall. I have the White Mountain Guide with all the maps, but am wondering about maps for Vermont trails. Do folks recommend the Nat Geo maps? I notice there are three. Any other recommendations, including online sources, since I live a ways from Vermont?

Thanks in advance!

The Long Trail guide as publsihed by the GMC is a good start at least for a guidebook, since all of them (the 4ks) are on the LT.

I wouldn't recommend the Traills Illustrated/NatGeo maps for the southern Greens though but then there aren't too many maps out there that I know of other than the TI/NatGeo maps....

I can say that most of my stuff I've found for VT has simply been through google and online sourses, USGS maps, etc. It's at least how I've done a bunch of the NE100 outside the VT 4kers....

For Abraham and Ellen, I do have a map from Map Adventures :

http://www.mapadventures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=14

I notice they have northern VT maps too which I would buy if I needed them now...

Jay

Another vote for the Green Mountain Club's maps. They're top notch, and since they're published by the GMC, the money spent on them goes right back to the trails through their programs. I've been using the third edition of the waterproof LT map since 2008, and it's still holding together quite well!

This is great. Thanks for posting this info. I had no idea most of these existed. I have their LT map which is great but had no idea they had so many others available. :)