Vertical Dreams Climbing 11/2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nif

Reaction score
If anyone is interested a couple of us are gathering at Vertical Dreams in Manchester tomorrow night to pull a little pastic. Maybe very little if my elbow doesn't straighten out.....but anyhow......

Meeting somewhere between 5 and 6ish. There may be a stop at Strange brew after for half price apps, $2.00 beer and oyster cracker flipping.

i have found vertical dreams pretty disappointing, as the elevator shaft (the coolest thing there to climb) didn't have any real routes up it. half of them stopped midway and most had holds not secured properly to the wall. others had random tape not associated with anything. also none of them were labeled with grades.. you think a place that small.. people would keep it up, ya know?

i hope you guys have a better experience there.

Umm yeah, all climbing gyms are disappointing and if I actually took indoor climbing seriously I would probably be disappointed....

In general grades in them are irrelevant and/or pointless. It's all contrived IMO. Fortunately for me I generally don't care where the tape is either. I go up, I go down. If my little fingies and toes are stronger when I leave I'm pretty happy. If it's not some kids B-Day party and nobody's re-enacting romper room when I'm there I'm absolutely ecstatic.

The only reason I go really is because if I roll around in chalk in my own living room I'd have to vacuum it up myself :p

I hope you are not under the impression I actually take them seriously!

It'll be ice this coming weekend for me. :D