Where can I buy Stabilicers?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4000'er

Reaction score
I am looking to buy some 32 NORTH INC. Stabilicers. EMS doesn't have them. Anyone know where I might get them in S. New Hampshire? I’m not sure what size to get and would like to try them on, so I’d prefer not to get them online

MOOR & MOUNTAIN
3 Railroad Street
Andover, MA 01810

978-475-3665

as of noon tomorrow they'll have all sizes in stock. nice shop and good people if you've never been in there. my sister in law lives in Hampstead so I stop here whenever I go there.

I bought mine at EMS in the Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH back in early November. I can't vouch for their inventory now. You could give them a call.

JohnL

I was at REI in Reading the other day looking for replacement screws (they didn't have them) but they did have the Stabilicer model you are looking for.
They only come in sm, med, lrg, and xl vs shoe sizes.

BTW Campmor is based out of NJ so no fee to the gov for on-line purchase but shipping will be about $6

Pucknuts61 said:
I was at REI in Reading the other day looking for replacement screws (they didn't have them)

Just bought a bag of replacement screws at Lahouts in Lincoln, NH. They may have had a selection of Stabilicers too, didn't really pay attention.

One of the LLBean Stores should/may have them.
I've been resisting the urge to replace my old pair and, well at least in Freeport stores anyway, they were staring at me from various aisles last week as I prepared for the BSP trip. I believe they are in the $32-$35 range.
Poor man's crampons RULE!

oh and your basic sheet metal screws can be had at your local hardware store...use the short ones! ;)

Last edited:
stabilicers option

one of the guys i hike with has taken an old pair of boots and screwed in the stabilicer type screws. he calls them hobnail boots. he put some in some montrails i have, and they work great. lots cheaper than stabilicers if you have spare boots. usually they will put the screws in all the risers around the perimeter of the boots. he put them in by drilling a small pilot hold first and then glued them, but some don't bother with either glue or a pilot hole. lots of us down here in southern NY state have them, since crampons are overkill for the redoubtable ramapo 1000 footers :)

Last edited:
banjolady said:
one of the guys i hike with has taken an old pair of boots and screwed in the stabilicer type screws. he calls them hobnail boots.
Also known as screwboots. This has been discussed previously. Search on the word "screwboot" and you will pull up several threads.

Doug