Where to have 9th Annual ADK Gathering and BBQ??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Town you think would be a great spot to hang out

• Lewis (Original Campsite Location)

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Keene/Keene Valley

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Lake Placid

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Wilmington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll go anywhere

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peak_bgr

Reaction score
Just a little poll to get an idea of where everyone would like to have the next gathering. The campground has been great to us the last couple years, and the price is right, but it's a little away from the peaks.

Just thinking ahea for next year so I can do a little research on availablity, price and noise tollerance.

Just let me know what you think, things may not be able to change. I am also up for any suggestions.

Lewis is a great location for a commercial campground. There seemed to be a high tolerance for the noise and activity generated for the event (although that may be related to the neighbors in the trailer park). Most other seasonal commercial campgrounds rarely would allow the level of noise and activity after 9 PM. If you are considering another campground, I would be very careful to determine if the new location was as tolerant. It would be hard to beat the price. There is also a lot to be said for not having to "pass the hat around" for things like outhouses or have someone have to go out of their way to set up infrastructure versus having the campground supply the basics as part of their fee.

It was also handy to have a fairly large area to spread out in with some mature trees instead of an open field. Assuming someone had a large enough tarp, it wouldnt have been that hard to rig up a tarp to keep dry compared to a field.

From a perspective of folks coming over from NH, and Mass the Lewis location is quite handy as it is easily accessed from I 89 and RT 2 as well as from CT and Mass (via I 91) via the ferry.

One detraction is the apparent lack of motels nearby for those who elect not to tent out.

Barnes Field (NH) would be somewhat of an interesting and unique location. I noticed that it's not a voting option but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

-Dr. Wu

I'm good with Lewis. Lots of flexable space. Can't beat the price. It's 6-7 hr drive for me but the: open layout, lots of shade, ease of seeing and visiting everyone are big pluses for me.

I'd be willing to help out in some way planning this if it stays there or some place less of a drive for me. I just can't get there early (at least not until I get my 46) to set up and it seems my hikes take me late in the day.

We need a food sign up and arrival time threads.