WMNF Campgrounds in Winter?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamoore63

Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this so hopefully I'm not repeat-posting... I'm leading a couple of day hikes this weekend and was just planning on throw my winter tent up at one of the WMNF campgrounds on the Kanc but just realized that I've never noticed whether or not those are even open in the winter. I've never stayed there later than Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks, Doug. I'll give them a call. They may have that board at Exit 32 lit up in the winter, which would let me know which ones are open.

K

kamoore63 said:
Thanks, Doug. I'll give them a call. They may have that board at Exit 32 lit up in the winter, which would let me know which ones are open.

K

I think that the board at the information center at exit 32 gets changed in the winter. You could check with the ranger on duty at the information center at Exit 32, or at the Lincoln Woods parking area on the Kanc.

I know that the Hancock campground is open year round. It's plowed in winter so it's considered full service. The normal rates are charged.

Hancock is the campground on the Kanc just before Lincoln Woods.

Have fun.