Would you like some peanut butter and jelly on your bread next time?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John great pics. As an amateur photographer I would like to ask you how you prevent glare off of your windows. Thanks

Mike,
While I don't know what John did, I've had success with window glare by using a polarizing filter. Such a filter has also helped me to be able to shoot through the surface of a body of water.

John great pics. As an amateur photographer I would like to ask you how you prevent glare off of your windows. Thanks
As MichaelJ suggests, a polarizing filter can help. However, it only helps if you are shooting at an angle to the glass. (Angled reflections are polarized, reflections straight back from the glass are not.) Similarly, light transmitted through glass is polarized if it goes through the glass at an angle. Both effects are synergistic--the polarizer angle that minimizes the reflection also maximizes the transmission. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarization_Filters#Polarization_by_reflection

Another approach is to reduce the lighting on the camera side of the glass (or increase the lighting on the other side). Reflection from glass is specular (mirror like), so removing the light colored objects or placing a dark screen in the reflected image area can also reduce the visibility of the reflections.

A so-called one-way mirror works on the same principle. It uses a partially reflective and partially transparent mirror--the bright side is visible from the dark side, but not the reverse. If both sides are lit equally, both sides can see each other.

A rare opportunity: nice pics.

Doug

So that's what they look like.
I didn't recognize it without one of my chickens in its mouth:mad:
Bob