The passing of a member of our hiking family.................

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had the pleasure of meeting you Neil but you and your family are most certainly in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Kevin

condolances

Very sad to see this. So sorry Neil and Family. There are no words from this father of a 19 year old.

Neil, my heart goes out to you and your family.

At moments like this I am at a loss for what to say, save that it is important to cherish and savor memories of the good times with loved ones who have passed, and to be thankful that making such memories was possible.

G.

Seems like everything has been said by others. I can't imagine this type of loss. Niel you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Neil and Sylvie,

I have followed your adventures for years and your loss saddens me deeply. The special bond with your son is portrayed so definitively in your many photo albums. Dominic was definitely special among us mountain people. My condolences.

-chris

Mes voeux de condoléances

Sylvie & Neil,

Les photos de votre fils Dominic témoignent l'amour débordante de ses parents et des montagnes. Une beauté réelle & éternelle rayonne dans les yeux de votre fils. Je vous transmets mes profondes et sincères condoléances en cette période difficile. Souhaits de lumière et de courage à vous deux, vos enfants et vos proches.

Amitié,
Mireille

Neil and Sylvie, I'm very, very sad to hear about Dominic..... I remember fondly the day I met him and many other VFTT'ers Oct. 2005 when you finished your ADK 46th on Rocky peak Ridge. He was a very nice young man. Please let me know if there's anything Gail and I can do for you.

I have only met a few members of this board, and unfortunatly Niel and his wife are not one of them. I do enjoy his post so much that I do feel I know him. I hike solo and have never gone to a winter gathering or a barbaque, although I did sign up for the grace hike until I had to cancel at the last minute. I feel something should be done for his family. We could do a memorial Hike either this summer or at the winter gathering. I would surely show up for that one. If not that someone could setup a memorial fund that we all could donate to. What about it?

My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of this remarkable young man.

If there is anything that we can do for the family, let us know.

Neil and Sylvie,

I first met you both when we hiked Noonmark together on a winter day a couple of years ago with me and two of my friends. You both very graciously loaned my friends your full crampons when their snowshoes and instep crampons were not sufficient to make it up the icy slope to the summit.

I remember you talking about Dominic, and that he hiked with you (I thought, how cool!...my kids desire to hike with me is nonexistant or rare.)

So when I opened this forum this morning, it ripped my heart to see that this happened to him. Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family...I can't even imagine the grief and pain you must be experiencing right now.

What a terrible, tragic loss.

So sorry, and I wish you and your family the best.

This is indeed an awful and tragic event. Neil and Sylvie, know that you and your family are in my prayers.

-vegematic