The passing of a member of our hiking family.................

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart goes out to you; I can't imagine such a loss. I wish you strength and if possible, a measure of peace, during this difficult time. I've never met him, but it is clear that his spirit will continue to be a bright light in your life.

My deepest sympathy.

Brenda

I'm numb. This is such tragic news.

My thoughts are with you, Neil and Sylvie.

I've been thinking of the day I met you and Dominic, and walked the Lake Road toward our turn-offs together. You were heading up Colvin and Blake and I was off to the Lower Range. As we chatted away, Dominic and his friend, I guess 15 at the time, were off at a gallop and we rumbled along after them. At some point a couple miles down the road I asked if he was going to keep up the blistering pace, and you just grinned and said you'd be chasing him all day until you returned to the car. We both got a good laugh out of that. It's a fond memory I'll carry forever.

Peace be with you in this tough time.
-Sean

Neil, most of us cannot imagine the horrible tragedy you and your family are experiencing. Please know that you have many friends here who care about you. My heartfelt condolences on your loss.

I do not know what to say,
De la part d'Annie et de moi nos sympathies à toi et Sylvie. Je suis triste et bouleversé d'apprendre cette nouvelle.
Je ne peux pas y croire.

Last edited:
My deepest heartfelt sympathies to Neil and Sylvie, their friends and family, and to all who knew Dominic. I never had the chance to meet him, but what I have read all emphasizes how positively he touched the world around him. He may have been taken from us too early, but his spirit will not be forgotten.

Dear Neil and Sylvie -

Although we have never met I feel like I know Neil by having read so many of his interesting, funny, and informative posts/threads. Please accept my deepest sympathies in your loss of Dom.

Neil and Sylvie -

How tragic and how sad. The pictures of Dominic show him really enjoying life, that is truly wonderful. Thinking of you and hoping that the pain in your heart eases with passing time.

Niel and Sylvie

There is no way that I can comprehend what you are going through right now. All I can say is that it looks like your son was someone to be proud of, and that my thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Phil S

Last edited:
Neil and Sylvie,

My condolences for the loss of your son. Although I have not met him, or either of you, I do feel saddened by the loss of someone so important to this board.

God Bless,
Tim

There are no sufficient words. Only tears to dilute the immediate grief. Be gentle and patient with yourselves and with each other for as long as it takes to heal. Remember that everyone experiences grief differently.

You and your family will be deeply in my heart and thoughts.

Jennifer

I am truly sorry. May you find comfort and solace in your friends and family.

Neil and Sylvie,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. The loss of a child is the one thing as parents we hope we never experience. The hole that is left in your heart will never completely heal., but time will ease the pain and the support of dear friends will help you to work through your grief. Keep Dom's memories alive in your hearts and he will live forever!

Our deepest condolences,

Kris and Craig

Reactions: arm