What day is today?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is Thursday.

I never can forget - doesn't matter what day it is. I always think of an old acquaintance of mine who lost his dad that day (and if his mom did not change her travel plans the night before...)

I had the pleasure (NOT) :( of explaining 9/11 to a five year old last night.

I have a 9-11 flag with the familiar eagle, firefighters raising our flag. I tie it to my fence out near the road and light the candle lantern which burns from dusk to dawn. I set it up last evening and will light it through this weekend. There is also a planter of mums at the base of the flag.
This tragedy is still overwhelming years later and probably will be for a very long time to come.

Last edited:
After 9/11 flag sales went through the roof. Everyone displayed them. Looking around now I wonder where they all the flags went. :( I also wonder if the memory of the event has faded as the flags disappeared. :confused:

Little Rickie said:
After 9/11 flag sales went through the roof. Everyone displayed them. Looking around now I wonder where they all the flags went. :( I also wonder if the memory of the event has faded as the flags disappeared. :confused:
Yes, sad to say, I am one of only two people on My street to have the flag proudly flying today, and this is Brooklyn, New York, where I am close enough that the sound of the tragedy woke Me from My sleep (I had worked PM's the night before).
Fly your flag, if not on all the Holidays, make sure to fly it proudly on every September 11th, it is important to remember and respect those who died on this day.

And please, never forget them.

Kevin

Last edited:
Little Rickie said:
You bet it has, even in NYC. I have a friend who works for FDNY in the Bronx. He went off shift at 7am that fateful morning only to get back to his apartment, flip on the tv to see the towers burning, and then turn around and go back to work for almost 6 weeks straight at ground zero. He was 24 at the time.

This same friend just posted an update on MySpace that reads "...trying to forget about what no one seems to remember happening..."

Some people are still affected by this.
I know I'm preaching to the choir, but please do not forget those forever changed by this despicable act.

Smitty

We didn't "officially" sign up for any peaks this year, but are planning on being on Eisenhower Sat. at noon.