did you feel the earthquake today ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way I would of noticed the earthquake where I am is if the stinking bugs that infest this place start changing their hiding spots...

No, did not feel a thing. :)

Jay

P.S. Somebody wake up Prino, I think he's snoring. :D

Last edited:
Yup, it was quite obvious up in Northern NH. Unlike past ones this one seemed to have a longer duration. Usually the ones I have noticed have been more of a "thump".

Better go see if there are any new slides in Franconia Notch;)

Yup, it was quite obvious up in Northern NH. Unlike past ones this one seemed to have a longer duration. Usually the ones I have noticed have been more of a "thump".

Better go see if there are any new slides in Franconia Notch;)

Interesting that neither the collapse of the Old Man in May 2003 nor the much larger rockfall that took out the Whaleback Crack rock route in June 1997 had immediate earthquake triggers. I did not feel the recent seismic event out here in Colorado.

Last edited:
Will you crazy Canadians get your act together up there?!?! I mean, geez Louise...Wildfires, earthquakes.....;):D

I've heard Quebec doesn't want to be a part of Canada but didn't think they'd go so far as to try to move themselves! ;)

Or maybe Neil wants new slides to climb?

Last edited:
I've heard Quebec doesn't want to be a part of Canada but didn't think they'd go so far as to try to move themselves! ;)

Or maybe Neil wants new slides to climb?

I'm part of Quebec,Canada and I ain't moving... Maudite estie!

Oh! By the way I didn't feel the earthquake as I was driving in the truck Tabernack! :D

Slight shaking here in Glens Falls. Cool. Not nearly as good a shake here as from the much closer 1983 Blue Mountain Lake event.

I sure felt it in old Montreal. I'm sure Pauline Marois leader of the Parti Québécois (the separatist party) is behind the whole thing.

Damn good planner, she made sure Ottawa got the worst of it.

I felt it in West Bethel. A few seconds of gentle rocking followed by a thump, kind of like the house settling (it even creaked). It wasn't really like a truck or train going by here, more of a low-frequency rolling motion. Pretty nifty.
-vegematic

Interesting how some felt it and some didn't. I was sitting at my desk so it wasn't difficult to notice, but I wasn't sure what it was, either. Earthquake crossed my mind, but it could've been muscle spasms or dump trucks in the parking lot. It was like when you're in an old building and the big old oil burner kicks on, but it went on a bit longer than that.