Mt Moosilauke - Seema's final NH 4K - Jan 29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seema's finish

Thanks for the pics and the maps! Great job! Thanks Seema for inviting us. We had a great time! The kids talked my husbands ear off about the trip! Now we're waiting for you to finish your hundred. ha ha

LOST and FOUND....

First of all, Conratulations SEEMA, we all had a GREAT time this weekend. Candice and Jocelyn really enjoyed the entire weekend, even tho they were both passed out by 9 and 10:30 on sat. night...listen, i was beat too!!! However, the peer pressure caused me to stay up with the doctor thus making me not remember much of the conversation that i had with darren when he called at 1AM. You are all bad influences on me!

Now...back to lost and found. I picked up two pairs of very tiny swimming trunks that were still wet from the motel, along with the bottom half of those zipper shorts/pants things. I will return them to whomever they belong too next time I see you! I don't think they will fit darren..

-carm

Congratulations Seema! Sorry I couldn't be there yesterday, but I'm glad you had such a great turnout to celebrate!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures. I'll have to wait until work tomorrow though, b/c Bob and Geri's site isn't geared for dial-up (which I have at home).

Glad you made it through with such a smile...

spencer

Way to go, Seema! I've hiked a total of 2 peaks in NH, but I just watched Sherpa John's movie, "48". Does that count? Congratulations. I wasn't able to view "bobandgeri's" photos (I quit waiting with "60 remaining" to download), but I enjoyed the maps and profile. If I only lived closer to the Whites...

THANKS a million everyone.
I will post a trip report after I return from the next big trip . . . no time right now but I just wanted to say How VERY VERY lucky I know I am for having such amazing friends who will trek in below zero temps and help me celebrate my 48 in the wind and cold. I feel so loved it brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it, though those tears sure do hurt when they freeze solid on my lower lids in the freezing cold. THANK YOU all again for making my 48th a memory I shall NEVER forget.

Seema :)

Congratulations Seema, nice to talk with you on the summit and happy to meet everyone from VFTT! what a great hiking day!!!

Bob & Geri , nice pictures, I have some too.

Great People:
group.jpg

Great Views:

view0.jpg

view1.jpg

sherpa, thanks for showing me the names of these mountains, you are so knowlegeable!!!

m00.jpg

next, please!!!! :p :p :p

Last edited:
Congradulations Seema, What an acomplishment. I just got done looking through boandjeri's pictures and I have to say, I was moved. You're obviously a wonderful and lucky person to have so many want to share your final 48th with you.

It's also a hoot to see kids like Eric (who we've had the pleasure of hiking with before) and Beth and Adam (whose spirit we recognize and admire :) ) as well as all these familiar people who we've never met, but feel we know.

Great job Seema and Bobandjeri, thanks for sharing.

Congratulations Seema! And thanks again for the post-hike chai. And also the website fix. Is there anything you can't do?!

It was great to see so many alumni from the Wapack trip last spring and to meet so many new people too. It's always fun to put faces with the avatars, Pete isn't quite as scary as his avatar.

Thanks to Bob & Geri for your usual good job with pictures and captions.

Way to go Seema! What a fabulous day and it was so great to hang out again! My first winter above treeline experience was exhilirating(sp?). Loved it, couldn't wipe the smile off my face all the way back down the trail.

It was great to see the folks I met while doing part of the LT with Seema and cool to meet others for the first time. Pete and John, great talking bread baking with you!!! And I'll do my best to get the recipe for good pizza dough to you, John.

Chip had a good time too and I quote: "I've got a thing or two to learn about generosity from that Brian. He gave me the boots off his feet and tried to give me the mittens off his hands." Thanks Regular Brian. It was a real treat to see you!

And the best thing...my toe's they were cozy the whole time!!!!! :D

I will chime in also with the congratulations for finsihing the Whites. You ended your White Mountain quest on the same peak I did, Moosilauke and what a spectacular peak to finish on. Now I know I will get to see you twice this spring. At the FTFC award dinner and Jay H's escarpment trek. Thanks for bringing the board up.

Hearty congratulations, Seema! Sorry I could not be there but I lived it vicariously through the great photos from Bob&Geri and blueZ.

JohnL

Thanks, Seema for putting this together. I wish I could have stayed awake Saturday night a little longer! Moosilauke was Pat's and my first 4K and we've done it at least 10 times but never with such a wonderful collection of old and new friends. Bon voyage, Baxter is waiting!

Dugan said:
C. It's always fun to put faces with the avatars, Pete isn't quite as scary as his avatar.

Be CAREFUL! That's what he wants yo to think. He's always calm and quiet when you first meet him. That's just to cause you to drop your guard. Then, when you think you can trust him....... CHOP with the axe.

Be careful. Don't ever see him a second time. It''ll be your last.

And, if you never hear from ME again.. well, you know what happened because I warned you.

Congratulations, Seema! I was honored to have been there for your 48th. The weather was perfect, the group incredible. It was a fantastic weekend to hike with new and old friends, and was made ever so magical by your achievement!

My photo album from this trip is up here. If you're on dialup, head directly to these pictures: here, here, and here.

I'll be captioning the album as soon as I can.

Seema,

Congrats on your awesome accomplishment! :) You also picked one of the nicest peaks in the NE to finish on. Well done! Sorry I was unable to be there for your celebration, but we will be celebrating again in a few days from now in Baxter... ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention. The weather was so incredible that day, that with Peak_Bgr's help we realized we could, from the summit of Moosilauke, clearly see Whiteface. In NY.

I measured it in my topo software - that's 105 miles of visibility.

Simply an amazing hike.
:)

Congratulations Seema :)

I was so bummed I couldn't be there for your 48 (or for the Noonmark trip which I also wanted to do) but there will be other achievements to join you in celebrating for sure. I look forward to it :)

Bob