10/25/2012 Mt Jefferson via Castle Ravine and Castle Ridge

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Unstrung Harp

Reaction score
Trek For Peace - Mt Jefferson via Castles - full report

The uniquely perfect weather we had on this hike almost makes we want to put a warning at the top of the report. Pretty sure this isn't normal late October weather! It was utterly absurd and wonderful to crest the ridge at Cornice and find....silence. No wind. Breathless moments. Incredible.

Enjoy! And thanks to those of you who have previously posted reports on these trails -- They were my initial inspiration (along with the write up in the Jeff Romano book) and I referred to all of them in my planning. Thank you.

This is a great TR, thanks for the effort! I enjoy reading TR's about the Castles because it is one of my faves in the Northern Presi's and has a lot of memories of climbing it as a young lad with family and friends. Especially like your inventory at the end of what equipment you used and didn't use. Nice touch!

Nice read, really enjoyed it. thanks for sharing. I need to exam this trail sometime soon. You've perked my interest!