Aborted Pemi Loop with a mini keg of beer 8/18

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have no objection to being accused of fluffing it up!

Here goes;
after 1.5 years of a long distance relationship, MJ and I are finally going to be living together.

The house in the avatar is in .................................drum roll please...........................................................................................................Massachusetts!

Bring on that green love!

una_dogger said:
Well, I have no objection to being accused of fluffing it up!

Here goes;
after 1.5 years of a long distance relationship, MJ and I are finally going to be living together.

The house in the avatar is in .................................drum roll please...........................................................................................................Massachusetts!

Bring on that green love!

are YOU NUTS - most of us are trying to get out of mass, and you freely move in -

just kidding, thats great for you guys. when you get settled, we will have to have a beer night for the move.

giggy said:
are YOU NUTS - most of us are trying to get out of mass, and you freely move in -

just kidding, thats great for you guys. when you get settled, we will have to have a beer night for the move.

Not freely, there was a great deal of arm twisting involved --- my arm is still sore! :eek:

Some form of gathering will definately occur!

Ok, sorry to derail this thread!

Very cool, very good for you guys!
Celebrate good times, c'mon!

una_dogger said:
Ok, sorry to derail this thread!
Don't worry, threads started by Giggy are like their own sovereign nation - anything goes.

Oh, I'm proud of our fluff, no worries! :)

Thanks, folks! The arm-twisting went both ways, but I'm very appreciative that she's sacrificing a short drive to the Adirondacks and a stone's throw to the Greens in order to live in Massachusetts, since there seem to be a dearth of software developer jobs up in Vermont. :eek:

--> lint trap on; back to the Pemi loop discussion now

MichaelJ said:
Thanks, folks! The arm-twisting went both ways, but I'm very appreciative that she's sacrificing a short drive to the Adirondacks and a stone's throw to the Greens in order to live in Massachusetts, since there seem to be a dearth of software developer jobs up in Vermont. :eek:
Eastern MA may be too far to drive to the mountains, but I live within 20min of an REI and within 15min of both EMS and LL Beans...

Just gotta keep your priorities straight. :)

Doug

una_dogger said:
Hee hee...I'm now on a mission to finish the 46 as fast as possible!

Or at least as many as I can!
:D

Ah ha! Now that seemingly obsessive peakbagger 46r quest I've noticed you pursuing makes sense! :) Get them while you can, its a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong drive from your new neck of the woods :( Distance has always been my main inhibiting factor in getting up that way!

All in all, not a bad day. Hiking, food, beer and good friends. That's what it's all about, right? Good call bagging it a Galehead, hopefully you get the weather on your side next time.

Congrats to Unadogger and MJ!

Good decision to bail out at Galahead, but why don't you guy's
start by the Franconia Ridge first!

Rejean said:
.....why don't you guy's
start by the Franconia Ridge first!

As far as I see there are two main advantages with going counter-clockwise:

1. You don't need to carry as much water from the start since there is a good source at around 3,000 feet going up Bondcliff. Going up Franconia Ridge you don't have much water until Garfield and you need to carry it basically from Lincoln woods unless you trust some of those 2 quarts per hour things crossing Osseo Trail before the sharp right turn.

2. The 4.7-mile flat stretch seems a lot easier psychologically and physically when you start with it. If you speed hike it's easier to run it when starting on it. When coming down Bondcliff it's a bit less exciting to run it.