Allen for my W46 on March 9th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent - jackin the numbers for Allen finishers.

I'm hoping you are going to have some skis on your feet (but know otherwise). :confused: I'll let you know if the schedule cooperates and I can make it up there.

Hike on! Congrats!

I'm still looking into investing in skis. Looking at the Karhu guide series. I tried them out the other day with Silvretta Bindings. The binding work with my plastic boots and they kick real nice.

I need to do Allen, but I dont know if it will be next weekend. Maybe we are not fast enough, so maybe we can follow your tracks. I will see that later next week, if we can go there with you Spence.

I don't have skis, everybody will have skis? Or do we need skis?

skis just make it faster. i won't have any either.
we'll just let them ski it out and make a nice trail for us to follow

MY skis are the"golf course" type of ski; skinny and long and not meant for wax. Not meant for back counrty. If I am there, it will be snow shoes. Of course, following behind Brian and Spence so the snow is packed down...

I'm flying back from a business trip to Florida that day......... Damn. I'd be proud to be there for your finish. Go get em' guys..

daxs said:
MY skis are the"golf course" type of ski; skinny and long and not meant for wax. Not meant for back counrty. If I am there, it will be snow shoes. Of course, following behind Brian and Spence so the snow is packed down...
Skis like that are fine for skiing in to the gravel pit. On the way out, even if they don't make you go faster you will love them.

Good luck and pre-congrats on your w46.
Myself and two others just did Allen yesterday 3/2/08. It took it's toll on us. 16hrs, but that was mostly my fault, held us all back, my first and only hike this winter and I'm out of shape. Snowed Saturday night, so we were trail breaking all the way. We all wore snowshoes the whole way.
Congrats again on your accomplishment.

Don't forget, that Sunday March 9th is daylight savings time ( Spring Ahead ).
We will setting the clocks ahead one hour.Still trying to see if I can make it this weekend. Happy Trails & Pre- Congratulations Tom

Spence and Brian,

Pat, Marge, and I thought we'd tag along as far as our skis will take us.

How long does it take to drive from Lake Placid to the trailhead?

Is your route the same as when we did it a hundred years ago - the yellow trail past Lake Jimmy?

audrey said:
Spence and Brian,

Pat, Marge, and I thought we'd tag along as far as our skis will take us.

How long does it take to drive from Lake Placid to the trailhead?

Is your route the same as when we did it a hundred years ago - the yellow trail past Lake Jimmy?
Yes, but there's a trail now. ;)

It takes around 1.5 hours to get to Upper Works. Hope to see you there. If not at least for dinner one night.

Hope to see you at the trailhead ...... 6am (really 5am).
I'll be car camping in a white dodge stratus, so if I'm not up ..... knock on the window.

I am sorry, but I wont be there tomorrow. :(
I would liked to make Allen with you for two reasons. First, to celebrated with you Spence and because I need Allen.
Have a good day everybody. :)

It's Official !!!

Spencer and Brian have completed their Winter-46.
Mimi, Gale, Specer, Brian and myself summited Allen yesterday.