Baldface Circle Trail...Oct. 21st

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
BeccaM and I enjoyed the Baldfaces...

The colors, the beauty of the beech stands are beyond words...

IMG_1403aaa.jpg

We hiked it clockwise. A shower passed through just in time for our ascent of the steep ledges of South Baldface. I tried twice to go up the first ledge and came sliding back down. We almost gave up but decided to go around and made it.

IMG_1415aaa.jpg

IMG_1423aaa.jpg

a view northeast as the shower passed...

IMG_1449aaa.jpg

view of lifting clouds from summit of South Baldface...

IMG_1456aaa.jpg

view northish from North Baldface...check out the lines...they appear to be caused by the difference in color of new growth that has grown along logging roads?

IMG_1479aaa.jpg

cool vein of basalt through the granite...

IMG_1496aaa.jpg

blueberry bushes in autumn...

IMG_1503aaa.jpg

beautiful color...

IMG_1515aaa.jpg

beautiful color...

IMG_1526aaa.jpg

beautiful color...

IMG_1565aaa.jpg

happy trails :)

Very nice! The Baldfaces are one of the finest hikes around, and with the autumn colors, that's just magnificent.

Quick, someone make a map of those old roads!!!

Very nice! The Baldfaces are one of the finest hikes around, and with the autumn colors, that's just magnificent.

Quick, someone make a map of those old roads!!!

those are probably skidder roads in the wild river area.... probably no map ever existed!!!!

Amazing pictures, as always! I like how you captured the flow of water in the stream as it crashes into the rock at the bottom of that cascade.

Wow, great shots and report. The lines of the color along the logging roads is awesome! I've never seen anything like that before. The vein in the granite is cool too. Good for you guys for not turning back. I think if I slid down a ledge twice...I would call it a day. Great job to both of you!

Karl

Autumn photography at its finest!
Tough to choose a favorite, as is often the case with your works of art. The shot of the lifting clouds from summit of South Baldface is especially nice!

Cool mini basalt dike. Reminds me of Charlie Brown. Sweet pics as always.

CharlieBrown.jpg

:D:D

Patrick,
Can't tell you how disappointed I was to see photos but no meese. Still getting over the shock.
Now that I've picked myself off the office floor, still gotta tell you - great photos and thanks for sharing. :D