Barnes Field - Columbus Day Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juniper

Reaction score
A few hikes in the area were shaping up, so we booked a large site at Barnes for Fri, Sat and Sun. Anyone hiking in the area (or looking to) is welcome to join us at site #4.

I plan to hike with Adventurous on Sat - she's looking to hike to the Twins and Galehead (and maybe Garfield). If the weather's good, I'd like to take in the fall colors from the Baldfaces or something like that on Sunday or Monday. Other ideas being floated around - throw your idea in the mix and come join us!

Hi Juniper -
I think we hiked together a few months back with the group up to owl's head (i got lost).
I'll be hiking on friday solo. Saturday is open. It would be nice to do a presi traverse or something that ends me in crawford as i will probably need to drive home that night.
still up in there air though and don't care too much on specifics as long as i'm on a trail most of the day.
jeff

I'm definitely not going. There's no F.... ohh. I'm definitely going. I'll be there.

-Dr. Wu

I may be able to come up Sunday night and hike on Monday. I just found out I have a 3-day weekend, but I'll be busy elsewhere in NH on Sat and Sun. I'll be hiking Passaconaway and Whiteface on Saturday.

I'll be up there for Fri & Sat night...possibly Sun too. Am watching weather to see if it's worth using a vacation/sick day..... :rolleyes:

Hikes / climbing are being thrashed around....have a few options with a few different people.

Monday will be a family day for me, the Grandson's are missing me! How cool is that! :D

I'll be working over in NH Thursday and Friday winding up my workweek over in North Conway (coincidence?) so I'll be by Barnes Friday night to help feed the fire. As for Saturday...not sure what I'll hike or if I'll be staying the night, we'll just have to see how things pan out.....

I'll be there early Friday evening and will pick up some firewood on my way. As Juniper mentioned - I'll be doing Twins/Galehead/(hopefully Garfield) on Saturday. Sunday - I'd like to do the southern Presi's. Monday - either Whiteface or the Hancocks. I'm looking forward to hiking and hanging out with everyone for the weekend!!! See you guys in a few days.

I'll be in the area from Friday to Monday, though I'll be camping with my family.(my husband just bought a small camper with real beds and heat!!) We have no designated campground in mind. I'd love to hike with you on Saturday. Mabye even on Sunday if I'm not too sore!! I'm open as to where.
Will discuss more on Thursday nite at the Beantown Pub.
Sandy