barnes field fiesta

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
Ok - I will start this -

the following were there at one time or another

myself, shizzmac, mtnmama, mtnpa, MEB, sleeping bear, andy, drewski, chomp, VSA (do I have that name right??) carmel, darren, artex, yam, donna, jean, chinnook trail was there for bit too
and I am forgetting some people - so just chime in.

awesome couple of nights at barnes. Special thanks to shizzmac for the grill, tarps, darren for getting the ball rolling and mtnmama and pa for the nice goodies.

everyone kind of did their own thing and met up in the evenings.

friday - arrived about 6pm to an already populated site and had a few beers, ate and socialized - crashed out about midnight and woke to cloudy skies

sat - had more beers, food and the convo got real good - had a nice fire going - even lasted through the heavy rain showers.

woke up sun much colder temps than sat - was sleeting a bit - had a breakfast at pinkham and we all went out seperate ways until next time.

just a fun time - getting know some folks better, meeting some new faces, and relaxing with freinds. great time
:D :D :D

Last edited:
Well arrived at Barnes Field Friday afternoon.
Shizz had the site and grill all set up (he's the man)!!!
It was so nice meeting Darren, Carmel, Chomp, Lor (sp)?,Chip,
Jamie,Pensey,Lindsay,Andy, (the pups),Yam,Jean (wish I had meet
Natalie) & Christine. Was so good to see Donna,Giggy,Meb & Drewski again.
Sat. Mtnpa skied Tucks while Shizz and I hiked up to Ho Jos and
hung out. MEB meet up with us & we just hung out watching the
skiers. Good people, good food, good fun! Who could ask for
anything more.

Last edited:
Super fun weekend everyone!! Mntma thanks for all your home-made goodies...they sure were delicious! Shizzmac thanks for bringing the grill and tarps....next time I think I'll let you do the grilling :) Giggy I'm not sure what you did to the burgers...the spatula seemed to work ok for everyone else :D

Great time with a bunch of great people!

-MEB

MEB said:
Super fun weekend everyone!! Mntma thanks for all your home-made goodies...they sure were delicious! Shizzmac thanks for bringing the grill and tarps....next time I think I'll let you do the grilling :) Giggy I'm not sure what you did to the burgers...the spatula seemed to work ok for everyone else :D

Great time with a bunch of great people!

-MEB

I admit - I was spatula challenged :eek: not proud of them burgers. :eek:

Now I feel real bad for wimping out. I wasn't that tired. Or was I? :confused:

Neil, it was your son we met on Jefferson, no ? I forget his name, nice kid.
He said "You know people on VFTT ?".
I figured it was because of the sticker on my hiking pole, later we realized MEB had a VFTT t-shirt on... :eek:

Probably saw the t-shirt...

giggy said:
No wonder you eat baloney with such gusto :D

Nothing like getting together with old friends for adventures in the mountains. Got to meet some good folk for the first time. Enjoyed food, beverage, conversation and a great moonrise.

Stupid rain. Oh well, we still had a great time. It was great meeting a bunch of new faces. I think this get-together set a new record for lowest average age of a VFTT event. Maybe we need a VFTT Young Members Commitee. But then I probably couldn't be a part of it. :(

Anyway, fun times, even though I do not have a single photo to post.

- darren

it was a great time! loved meeting new faces and hanging out w/ repeats. hopefully next time i can stay the entire weekend.

giggy said:
and giggy -- the half-burger i ate (that you'd mangled) was still mighty tasty. :)

I agree - it was a great time at Barnes Field even if the weather didn't want to agree with us. VSA and I had a great hike over at Frankenstein Cliffs and Arathusa Falls - we even had some sun after the hail blew through!

Hey, great meeting everyone/seeing everyone again! I had a blast. Pennsy and I stayed at Barnes until today (he finished his 48 on Carrigain on Sunday). I'll have my trip report up at some point. Showering gets priority right now. I can see the stench eminating from my body.

I'm mostly a VFTT lurker, so it was great fun meeting a bunch of y'all this weekend. Thanks for the excellent hospitality and the good times around the campfire. The typical NH weather (rain, snow, sleet, high winds) played some havoc with Artex and myself, but we managed to hike the Tripyramids, Carrigan, Madison, and Chokura in 4 fun days of hiking.

Pennsy, I was only there friday night but it was a great crowd.
You're photos look great, much better depth and color saturation than mine, do you mind telling me what you're shooting with there ? thanks.

Thanks Chip. My oldest photo albums were shot with slides (Velvia) or film (Fuji Reala) using a Nikon F100. In the middle, I went digital SLR and used a Nikon D1H. That gear is kinda heavy so my more recent albums are shot with digi point and shoots, a Nikon E5700 and a small Fuji E550.

Funny you asked about pics cuz on the first day of this trip, my Fuji got dunked while rescuing Artex from his full body Nestea plunge in the Sabbaday Brook. :eek: