BTS Ride May 2007 - Thank you Everyone!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmel

Reaction score
S. Dartmouth MA, Seekonk MA Avatar: Kauai
Thank you everyone for supporting the BTS ride once again this year!!! The ride was a great success as always and also in a very beautiful location (same place its been since i started doing it), even with the pouring rain...the rain just made the leaves look fresher and greener!!!

I have some pix to share for everyone if you are interested:p

http://community.webshots.com/user/carm11w

I left some captions.

Thanks John and Teejay for riding. Joanne for volunteering your time and helping all the injured riders at the first aid station!!! Emily, thanks for volunteering for the ride AGAIN.. and especially for making the trip up there during your first weekend since you've been 21 (Happy Bday!)!!

By they way, contratulations "vftt and friends," So far...we have raised $2,216!!! Good job everyone and thank you!!!

Big time Mahalo (thanks) to Teejay for stepping up to the plate and setting up team VFTT this year, to Carmel for doing the ride even though she is so depressed due to my absence, John Satterlee for riding again, Emily Satterlee for volunteering again (you are the best, I think you started volunteering when you were 15 and now you can go get a post ride beer - unreal!), and Joanne for volunteering just to find out why John loves the ride so much (now that she knows how cool the ride is, I'm sure she will be back next year).

I also want to say thanks to everyone that donated to such a great cause. I really appreciate everyone's support. I know there are others here who have been hit close to home with brain tumors and they thank you for your support as well.

Looking at the pictures really made me feel left out. Even though there are few things I hate more than riding a bike in the rain, I wish I could have been there today riding with you guys. It is such a great and powerful event. I hope to be back home in time for the ride next year.

Much Aloha,

- darren

Thanks Carmel and Darren for being gracious and not revealing my secret, but the truth of the matter is: I wasn't able to ride, because, when I got to the ride I discovered that I had left my wheels at home.

But by not riding, I got to see the ride in a totally different way and I saw what happens when the riders are away riding, like watching the rides go off and cheering on the returning riders.

And as one of the volunteers said, no one wants to come to the ride and not be able to ride, but no one wants a brain tumor either.

Great to see Teejay and Carmel who, remembering all of their bicyle parts, got to ride and they left in a pouring rain and came back drenched.

Thanks to Sli74 and PedXing who donated to me as well as all who donated to VFTT and made it a definite success.

Darren, hope to see you next year.

John

More thanks

To Bob, who put me up for the night before the ride and for his donation to TBTS. And for a great night of conversation with HikerAmiga. To Spider Solo and my brother-in-law for their generous contributions. They have been forwarded to TBTS and will show up on the team page some time.

To John, for being there and helping out. Too bad about the wheels, but I'm glad you resisted the urge to beg or worse, steal another ride and got to see the ride from another perspective. And to Joanne and Emily for their volunteering in the First Aid tent. Thankfully, unlike some, I didn't need their help. And what a pleasure it was to meet Domino for the first time.

And to Carmel, who "adjusted" her pace to "keep up" with me. We really flew this year, top speed and average speed were both higher than last year.

And of course to TBTS whose dedication, commitment and organization of this event is so evident to all who were there, from the volunteers, the police, the food providers and all the riders who suffered a bit of rain to take part.

'Til next year.

teejay