Calling weather gurus.....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
I'm seeing differing forecasts for 03580 for Tuesday April 27, varying from 40s and rain to up to 4" of snow with a winter storm watch through the afternoon of 4/28. Anyone want to call this one? (Never take your snows off until May 1.)

Last edited:
Light around 6:45 am

Dark around 8 pm

The models I just checked agree with the MWO(and NWS). Mix in lower elevations, Lincoln, Gorham with maybe 4". Higher hills and summits could pick up over a foot through Wed night and into Thurs.

i checked with my models and they told me that next time they want to wear the feathered boas when they saunter down the catwalk. i said, well, i'll have to check with victoria's secret but it could snow a few inches.

If you want a technical discussion of this storm, check out Matt Noyes' homepage. He says there's going to be tremendous millibar vorcicity invection!! (I have no idea what that means but it sounds good.) We're talking 925 milibars here. The long and short of it is 3-5" in the Whites, but a foot+ on the summits on Tuesday and Wed. Here's the link, scroll down to April 26th video...

http://www.mattnoyes.net/new_england_weather/

I’m really glad the MWO(and NWS) models, as well as the tremendous millibar vorcicity invections were SO FAR OFF last weekend.

... The long and short of it is 3-5" in the Whites, but a foot+ on the summits on Tuesday and Wed.

Well put.

Based upon the hyperbole and jargon, the piece created the impression the next Ice Age was descending rather than a late-season storm.

Joe Bastardi is my Guru!

But the weather professionals agree with me on this.
2649735550048820105S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jay Peak will now reopen for the weekend with up to 1' of new snow, and Sugarloaf is still going strong.

70-80 temps and skiing this weekend!!! Screw the yard work!

Neary 1-Ft of Snow in Bethlehem

We received nearly 1-ft of snow in Bethlehem between late evening (27-Apr) and this morning (28-Apr).
P1040853.JPG

Carter Hut is reporting 17" as of 8am, Pinkham 9", Tuckermans 15", Zealand 13" and Lonesome Lake 11".

It's snowing pretty hard in Peterborough but not sticking, maybe Monadnock is getting white!?