Completing the winter 48's on the Tripyramids

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadRiver

Reaction score
Howdy:

On Tuesday I will be completing my winter 48’s on the Tripyramids. I wish this could happen on a weekend so those of you who have expressed interest in joining me would have that opportunity. Unfortunately, I ran out of weekends for that to happen. I would just like to say thank you for your interest and I will be thinking about all the people I have hiked with these past three winters in my quest to complete the winter 48’s. This will not end my winter hiking so I hope we have the opportunity to hike together again in the not too distant future.

Respectfully,
Rick Kipphut (Madriver)

Good choice to finish on, and it's all broken in for you! Watch out for the ice monster in the parking lot:D Congratulations in advance!

Rick, the very best of luck to you, and congratulations in advance. Have appreciated your recent kind comments on our finishing expedition, and I am certain that you will meet with equal success!! Would that be an Irish clan's kilt that you will be using on the Great Saint's Day? :D

Way to go, Rick!

It was great to get out with you a couple of times this winter. Good luck and congratulations on being so close!

KDT

Congratulations! You had a great day for your finish!

Well done - with time to spare!

:D

Congrats Rick. I also managed to finish my winter 4k's this past Friday on Isolation. We hope to hike with you again someitme.

Congrats Rick. I also managed to finish my winter 4k's this past Friday on Isolation. We hope to hike with you again someitme.
Congrats Nancy!! It looks like it was a mad dash to the finish for a number of people. Thankfully the weather was perfect for the finish. I hope to see you on the trail soon.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Judging by your uncommon hiking attire, I believe that you and I spoke during your ascent of Waumbek this winter.

I am also working on the winter 48s, although my pace is a bit slower than yours. I am on target to complete the list in March of 2051 on my 100th birthday. You're all invited.