Congratulations to the Winter Warriors!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim lombard

Reaction score
As we head into the final weekend of winter, I just wanted to say congrats to those who finished their W48, did them solo, or finished in one season. It's been a great winter! I just got my patch in the mail.

winterpatch.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, everyone! And for those who are trying to finish up in the next week and a half -- be careful out there (don't let summit fever cloud your judgment).

And to those who just hiked/camped/skied this winter and were safe in doing so.

Very nice patch Jim and congratulations to all!

Congratulations, everyone! And for those who are trying to finish up in the next week and a half -- be careful out there (don't let summit fever cloud your judgment).

Yes, Yes & Yes.
I'm almost certain, I would not be alive had I pushed for Passaconaway after Whiteface at the end of 04 when I got back into it.
But it's right there! No, she said! But? No!! Back & Forth it went. She won! I Won!
Oh, & the mountain really didn't go anywhere.

Thanks again Jim.

This question came up before (see post #36 and #40). The patches were both the same except for red "AMC" on 'all season' and white "AMC" on winter. Some said the sizes were different for theirs but mine are the same size.

thanks jim. it was great getting to meet and hike with you and the rest of the wolfeboro crew this winter. the zealand-bonds day was one to remember.

bryan

Is it my imagination or is the single-season winter 48 becoming increasingly fashionable? Seems there are more finishers this year than last.

I would wager there are many, many hikers who have done this in years past, who have not put their names on Cath's website (they didn't want to publicize it or they didn't know there WAS a website).

I think the change may be in the number of people who want to do it, and then let folks know they've done it.