Cook a Goose...Sunday Feb 6 2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

Reaction score
I am planning to get out to Goose Eye this Sunday.

Goose Eye Trail aprox 6.2 miles RT.

A friend was scouting the Success Pd Road (narrow and rough) about 2 weeks back and said there looked to be old activity under all that fresh snow at the Goose Eye/Carlo Col TH (since covered by a couple storms or so and more snow to come) so it could be pretty wild.

Short distance but could be epic on the way in with some ice higher up.

parking will be tight and likely require some digging of snow to secure a slot out of the way.

Forecast is for partly to mostly cloudy in the 20's

I'm aiming for a 8ish start time but 9ish is not out of the realm of possibility

fire me a PM if interested -michael

finding a window...

has been tough! Car problems, weekend swim meets forcing me to delay until ?? probably will call in 'sick' some day from the trailhed :eek:

anywho, thanks to Lefty E and mi amigo Andy for the excellent road beta.

Oh man! I am hoping to hike Goose Eye tomorrow, Saturday...it's the only day I have available to hike. I was hoping all your hard trail breaking would make it easier for me...If I hike it tomorrow, I'll let you know what the trail conditions are like.

Hey, are you and your team wanting to take me to the summit of Vose Spur this winter?:D

Hi Donna, Me and the guys have a Carrigain hike in our future plans - I would have to consult with them about adding Vose Spur to the agenda. You'd probably have to go up and over Carrigain and whack down to Vose with us :D but what intrepid 100 Highest seeker wouldn't want to do that? Talk about an epic finish to the quest! hehe...:rolleyes:
Reality is I would be honored to help you get that peak and be there for your winter HH finish. Not sure I have enough hiking windows with which to offer a separate trip for a Vose-only attempt but somehow these things have a way of manifesting themselves at the 11th hour ;)

did you get out to Goose Eye? I am considering another try possibly Thursday or Friday but may be heading to Madison/Adams - still weighing options....