Denali 2010, a sucess!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!!

Your pictures are amazing. Thank you for providing everyone with such a thorough account of your climb. Your photos made me feel as though I were watching a detailed movie about ascending Denali.

Fantastic stuff.

I read the story - wow, that's just amazing! It will take a bit longer to go through the 1,063 photos, but I will, oh, yes. CONGRATULATIONS!!! A wonderful and amazing accomplishment! I hope you are enjoying the near-sea-level oxygen soup of home. :)

Kristina what an incredible experience that you two shared! I just spent over an hour reading about your trip and checking out the pictures and feel I only skimmed through it! The views above motorcycle ridge are breathtaking as well as so many others! Must have been such a somber time being so close to the crevasse accident. Glad you kept your perspective and had such a nice finish. Kudos to Henry and the others for helping you focus when you were being distracted and having doubts! Your writing is very honest and exciting! Thanks for sharing your journey! WOW!!! And congratulations to you both for your accomplishment and safe return!;)

Last edited:
Congrats on a fine achievement! I really liked the multiple shots of Foraker showing your vertical progress. You certainly deserved the summit by putting in five nights at 17k. How many in your party of 12 made it to the top? In one of your photos on the lower Kahiltna, I think that there was at least one person in another party on skis; did you see many others on skis?

Congrats! I love this part:

"So, for anyone who now wants to climb Denali but doesn't want to actually do the trip, this is how to get the "Denali Experience".
First don't bathe for a few weeks and get used to peeing in a bottle and crapping in a bucket in front of everyone. Make sure you have people surrounding you when you do this. Next put on some clothes you have been sweating in for a few weeks. Be sure to beat your shoulders and hips with a baseball bat until they are nicely bruised and then put on a 65lb back pack and drag a sled with about 45lbs in it. Now be sure to have the temperature swing from 100 degrees where you are cooking to immediatly switching over to -20 degrees so your sweat can freeze quickly. Stick your head in the snow and turn on the wind. As soon as it clears look around and you will be in the prettiest place of your life. Repeat for 19 days."

Hysterical. :)

I loved the Earth, and yes I loved the cookies too! Great hosts and great place! The guides were awesome and they really helped keep everyone going. We had 9 climbers and 6 of us made it to the summit. The other 3 were strong but one was homesick and the other two were very strong but I am not sure what happened. I think altitude. Everyone was so much fun, and yes, we took way too many pictures as usual. Coming back to life in CT was not easy! The training paid off as the physical aspect was very tolerable. The emotional part is hard to train for. I can't wait until the next mountain! I have a few ideas but first I want to enjoy some hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, trail running, and dirtbiking this summer! :D

Way to go!

Let's see, VFTT climbers of Denali now include:

Jean (et Nat)
DangerGirl (and Don)
Frodo
Mountain Girl (Lei Wang)

Who else?

Last edited:
Congrats!! :D:D

I can't wait to go through all of your pics!! My feeling is you can never take too many!! ;)

Many congrats! I enjoyed reading your trip report. Guess you're ready for that Winter Pemi Loop now... :)

-Dr. Wu

In a world way too full of talkers, you're a do'er.

Congratulations Dangergirl!! Sounds like you had a great experience up there. :) It puts Six Husbands Trail in winter in a little different perspective, doesn't it? :D