Dr. D's Annual White Mountain Redlining Contest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Dasypodidae

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here we go again. This year, however, no one who attended the gathering at Barnes Field this past weekend is allowed to enter the contest. :D

On October 12th, I hiked one (and only one) NH4 for the 14th time, using 5+ miles of trail that I had never hiked before (i.e., redlining). Please name the peak and the (one and only) redlined trail (i.e., a few other non-redlined trails were also used).

As usual, the contest prize will be the high esteem lorded upon you by fellow VFTTers. :)

Ok, here we go again. This year, however, no one who attended the gathering at Barnes Field this past weekend is allowed to enter the contest. :D

On October 12th, I hiked one (and only one) NH4 for the 14th time, using 5+ miles of trail that I had never hiked before (i.e., redlining). Please name the peak and the (one and only) redlined trail (i.e., a few other non-redlined trails were also used).

As usual, the contest prize will be the high esteem lorded upon you by fellow VFTTers. :)

Was I at Barnes Field this past weekend? I'm really having a lot of trouble remembering...

-Dr. Wu

Good guesses on Lafayette, but the only possible trail to squeeze out 5+ miles of redlining for me would have been Skook, which I have hiked several times. So, one down, with 47 possibilities to go. One of my lurker buddies got the peak on the first try and the trail on the second try.

"The Moose" via Asquam Ridge.

Another excellent choice! But, alas, I skied Asquam many years ago, which I count in my redlining. I do spend most of my time on the Moose working with Steve Martin as adopters of the Glen Cliff Trail, but I have managed to complete all other trails on the mountain, as it ranks right behind Lafayette and Lincoln as my most visited NH4s. So, that's 2 down and 46 choices to go!

Way to go J&J;)! Now Dr. "D" your the prime Canidate to move the Spatula!

Not sure about Spatula, but I should have mentioned that I spotted vehicles and hiked with Swamp, who also redlined 5+ miles on the hike, but his was all on the Carter Moriah Trail, initially between the junction with the Moriah Brook Trail and the uppermost south ledges on Moriah to which he bushwhacked some time ago and then between the summit of Moriah down to Gorham.

And, yes, Dr. Wu, you were at Barnes Field on both Saturday and Sunday nights. :rolleyes: