Early Notice - my 48th Moosilauke, Oct 30th... in costumes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockeycrew

Reaction score
I figured I'd post this early because everyone seems to be making their halloween plans now.

I've decided to celebrate my 48th in grandiose fashion, by hiking Moosilauke on Sunday, October 30th... in costume. I'll be going up via Beaver Brook but anyone is welcome to meet up at the top.

I'm probably dressing up as the scariest animal I can think of... a moose. And I'm making my moose horns out of hunter's orange. Obviously costumes have to work with layering and weather conditions at the time. Those of us from the Northeast (I'm native to New Brunswick although my parents currently live in Ontario) probably remember at least one Halloween where the costume had to fit over a snowsuit ;)

So plenty of time to plan, I'll remind everyone as it gets closer.

If I had not already made plans for that day than I'd join you on your #48. If something changes and I can make it I'll let you know! Congrats in advance!! :D

-MEB

That's awesome!...congrats..wish i could go...i drove up to Spence's gathering last August and was dressed like an ommpa looma pa la and got wild looks walking around the rest stops on the way...almost got popped joking to some guy in the men's room..funky freddie had to look at me for 350 miles! maybe i can make next years!

That's awesome! I am psyched for this hike! I still have to figure out a costume. Your moose idea will be really funny, and inspire story-telling. ;)

Sounds like a fun way to complete your list. I usually can't make plans more than a couple weeks ahead of time, but I will keep this hike in mind. I definately want to hike Moosilauke again. Are costumes mandatory?

i will definitely plan on joining you for this one. Sounds like too much fun to pass up and it seems like it's been ages since I hiked Moosilakee so I've been wanting to repeat it for my NH48 anyway. I'll have to work on the costume ---- no clue at the moment but should be interesting trying to come up with something that works :).

We hope that pictures will be posted after. It will be interesting to see what you all wear to the top. It sounds neat!

Good Luck! Congratulations!

Halloween!

hockeycrew said:
I figured I'd post this early because everyone seems to be making their halloween plans now.

I've decided to celebrate my 48th in grandiose fashion, by hiking Moosilauke on Sunday, October 30th... in costume. I'll be going up via Beaver Brook but anyone is welcome to meet up at the top.

BOO! and YEAH!

Fred

Do we have any final or at least near final plans on start time, which trail, etc? I'm cooking up easy costume ideas now, but I don't want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and miss this one.

Just a reminder that the Ravine Lodge rd is ungated but also unplowed with 6-12 inches of slushy snow. There is parking at the beginning of the road off RT-118.

I'm really excited about it. I'm making pumpkin pie and chocolate spiders for the trip. I'm sure everyone here understand this, but be prepared for winter conditions. Even if it means finding crampons for your clown shoes ;)

Congrats in advance! Wish I could be there, but alas, I'll be in Acadia. Have a great trip. You saved a nice one for your 48th. :D

I'll also be up in Maine ... have a *wonderful* hike, and congrats in advance!

Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Spiders??? Sounds Heavenly!! I'm sorry to say that I'll also be up in Acadia this weekend (I know, this excuse is getting old...), but I can't wait to hear all about it, and especially see the photos! Congratulations, Miriam :)
-katie