EMS Club Day 10/2-10/3

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingRock

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that EMS Club Day is happening this weekend, October 2-3. That's 20% off most everything in the store. Is this correct?

Moosejaw had a deal running where you got "$100 worth of 'Mystery Gear' :confused:" and free shipping on any order over $50 and if you didn't like your 'Mystery Gear' (which was supposed to be jackets, hoodies, tees, etc) you could email them and they'd add 2500 points to your rewards points. I ordered 2 ice screws. I got the 2 screws, free shipping, a 'biner key chain, 4 Moosejaw tees and a Sierra Designs tee. When I emailed them that I was disappointed I got 5 tee shirts and a key chain, they promptly added 2500 points to my rewards with which I promptly bought two .75l BPA-free CamelBak water bottles. :D

We were over near Conway yesterday and stopped in. We mentioned the upcoming discount and they honored it even though the cluib day sale is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.

We were over near Conway yesterday and stopped in. We mentioned the upcoming discount and they honored it even though the cluib day sale is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.

That's cool! Did you have to show them something or were they fine when you said VFTT.

Everything?

The email I just got from EMS said "20% off all EMS Brand items". Is the discount only on EMS brand items or everything. In past years, it was everything (with some exclusions).

The email I just got from EMS said "20% off all EMS Brand items". Is the discount only on EMS brand items or everything. In past years, it was everything (with some exclusions).

I hope its everything. I had the same confusion, but I think that the 20% off EMS Brand Items is the web promotion. You need to be in store for the club discount. Otherwise I am going to be dissappointed.

I hope its everything. I had the same confusion, but I think that the 20% off EMS Brand Items is the web promotion. You need to be in store for the club discount. Otherwise I am going to be dissappointed.

The Club Day sale is even better than that, 25% off EMS Brand items, 20% off everything else (except for a couple of brand exceptions), 30% of Black Diamond headlamps/lights. But Club Day ends today, and in store only, and you're suppose to show proof of membership.

But usually there is an Upgrade Your Gear Sale at EMS about a week or two after every Club Day, that is for everyone at 20% off everything.

Aviarome

The Club Day sale is even better than that, 25% off EMS Brand items, 20% off everything else (except for a couple of brand exceptions), 30% of Black Diamond headlamps/lights. But Club Day ends today, and in store only, and you're suppose to show proof of membership.

But usually there is an Upgrade Your Gear Sale at EMS about a week or two after every Club Day, that is for everyone at 20% off everything.

Aviarome

Yup. It was as you said. Other than a couple of minor items, I didn't find much EMS stuff (25%) that I wanted, although the Endo softshell was a little tempting. However, its another big ticket item and I deferred that (or a similar item) for another day. I did get a new pair of boots which was my goal for the day and some minor items that I needed.

As Spencer said in an earlier post, 20% off doesn't do it for me these days. The best place I've seen for savings on gear is The North Face outlet in Freeport. I was there last week, picked up an awesome 200 wt fleece at 50% off. Azzamattafact, the entire 2nd floor was 40-50% off and it wasn't just off-colors, off-sizes -- the selection was great. Packs, tents, coolmax, etc., all on sale.

Granted, spending $30 on gas to drive there kind of harshes the buzz but if you're in the area, it's an great deal.

I picked up the new EMS down sweater during the Club Day sale. It's expensive, but not more than other brands I've checked for a similar product. I wore it during a break on a hike yesterday and felt like a fashion model. Several people in our group said they were going out to pick one up next time EMS has a sale on them. Really light, compresses small.

I didn't have to show club proof at my regular EMS, but am pretty well known there. :)rolleyes: one of their regular characters, probably)

I hit the downstairs consignment area at IME.
Patagucci, EMS,REI Mammut, Mtn Hardwear,etc.
Dirt cheap.

The items are used, but the good brands withstand the use.
Mostly clothes, but I scored my backpack and ice climbing boots there.

I hardly buy any new stuff anymore. Can't justify the price.

I hit the downstairs consignment area at IME.
Patagucci, EMS,REI Mammut, Mtn Hardwear,etc.
Dirt cheap.

The items are used, but the good brands withstand the use.
Mostly clothes, but I scored my backpack and ice climbing boots there.

I hardly buy any new stuff anymore. Can't justify the price.

I agree with you about finding good bargains, but have never found anything but overpriced gear at IME. I'll have to give them another look, I guess.