Fall Gathering Sept 18th to 20th - Eustis ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks buddy.I owe you one.

Its ok....I can get Audrey too...

100-0032_IMG.JPG

:)

- darren

Who needs an avatar when you can see it nice and large?

100-0091_IMG_JPG.jpg
Is Swamp dead in that picture? It's from 2003. I just spoke to him on Thursday so my guess is the person on the phone was an impostor. That's too bad because I like Swamp. Come to think about it, I only met him in 2006 so that means I met the impostor. :confused:

-Dr. Wu

Is Swamp dead in that picture? It's from 2003. I just spoke to him on Thursday so my guess is the person on the phone was an impostor. That's too bad because I like Swamp. Come to think about it, I only met him in 2006 so that means I met the impostor. :confused:

-Dr. Wu

That can't be the Swamp I camped out with at Grout Pond.He kept that fire we had goin on big time!

c

Just wondering....

Is anybody bringing musical instruments to the fall gathering?

Guitars, jew harps, kazoos, Stradivarii, etc.

Man...$50 to camp...what has this world come to?

I'll be there.

Aloha

- darren

If it was at the Roadhouse it would have been 10 bucks a nite tenting out back plus a nice fire ring out there.

BTW, how come I never see any embarrassing pictures of me hanging around? Must be good breeding :rolleyes:

Here are a couple of double-whammies:

image deleted by mods

I'm not sure which is worse - the PBR tall-boy or the horizontal finger :D

I have an affidavit saying that's you...

and just so everyone knows we're friends, here is an excellent pic of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sherp, if we both make it through useless to Eustis this year, I'll make sure to document you thoroughly.

I'm driving up from Western MA. I-91 N to Rt. 2 or something... Thursday Night after work. Anyone interested in carpooling? If you're not too freaking annoying or weird, send me a PM. Also, just in case you need additional discouraging, I listen to loud and aggressive music and fart a lot while driving.

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
A reminder that the Gathering is 6 days from now. The long range forecast for Eustis this AM (9/14) looks like a good weekend with a slight chance of showers on Friday. It does look like the weather will be cool.

If folks have kiln dried woodworking scraps, it would be worth bringing some so the fire can last. Per Spencers comments, as folks are driving through the local area plese consider buying some a bundle of wood to kick in.

Cooking and refrigeration accomodations will be what you bring, I will have a two burner coleman stove and a small mini weber style gas grille that is probably better suited for warming things up. I do not currently have a "kiddie pool" or suitable container for a beer swap, if anyone has something suitable, let me know. If anyone has a folding table it would be handy as we seem to inevitabley run out of table space.

Camp chairs are essential, usually walmart has a close out on them by this time of the season.

I have one 12 by 14 bare tarp, that I will bring. I seem to remember a few trees suitable for rigging. If anyone else have tarps feel free to bring them.

Heres the address for the campground, their website doesnt seem to exist yet. Its not hard to find, drive on RT 27 in Eustis and look for the big red pine grove.

Cathedral Pines Campground
Route 27
P.O. Box 146
Eustis, ME 04936
207-246-3491
email: [email protected]

I plan to be there Friday evening, but it may be around 8 PM. If someone gets there early, ask for the group site reserved for Dennis P.

Last edited:
We'll be bringing a bottle of tequila (naturally), salt, garden fresh tomatoes, buffalo salami and jerky, sourdough bread and a couple of cheeses.

I'm driving up from Western MA. I-91 N to Rt. 2 or something... Thursday Night after work. Anyone interested in carpooling? If you're not too freaking annoying or weird, send me a PM. Also, just in case you need additional discouraging, I listen to loud and aggressive music and fart a lot while driving.

-Dr. Wu

Well I am freekin annoying and weird since Im responding to you, I am sure my music is louder then yours and my farts may not be frequent but are KIller. ...I could be infor a carpooling experience.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see what Wu and truancy bring, besides loud music and bodily functions. :eek:

We'll bring a crockpot full of sausages in tomato sauce, grated cheese, and rolls for making sandwiches.

And some plates, cups, utensils, and napkins. Trash bags, wood, tarp, folding table.

I am assuming that this is the same site as last time, across the street, and the first right off the side road.

I would like to thank all who participated in this years Gathering 12 in Eustis, what we lacked in quantity, we made up in quality!. As usual, Cathedral Pines group sites was a great place for a gathering. The weather was breezy on Saturday, but the campfires were warm, about the best stretch of weather we have had for a gathering in years. There was some color in the trees which made for some nice driving. Most of the hikes were in the Carrabasset Area versus the Six Pack, although Prino was planning to bag Chain of Pond Snow on the drive home and I asked him to get a picture of the new wind farm. The views on Saturday was 100 mile plus, Mt Katahdin was visible and the blue skies made for some great photography.

A part of the group extended the gathering by a day by staying at the Maine Huts and Trails Flagstaff "hut". Darren will be posting a seperate thread on this facility as its an incredible place, with lots of potential for future VFTT activities.

Darren found out on Sunday that the traditional birthday topping at the Stratton Diner is a wax filled cupcake!

Last edited: