Handicapped Dog Summits the Rockpile

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Readers' comments

As usual the readers' comments are pretty amusing...lots of strong feelings
about handicapped pets and whether dogs like to hike. I would love to take a dog on any of my hikes--they seem to love it!

My favorite part was learning that a camel climbed Mt. Wash last year--really?!!!!

Terrific story. Thanks for sharing. As with most of the Union Leader hiking-related stories, there are a few negative comments from people who don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about. It sounds like the owner did it right - spending time getting the dog in shape and letting Lucy set the pace.

As with most of the Union Leader hiking-related stories, there are a few negative comments from people who don't seem to have a clue what they are talking about.

I linked the Union Leader article because it's local. The AP article which first brought my attention to this story chopped up the facts listed Monadnock's elevation (~2990') as Washington's.

What a cute pup!

The person who commented they couldn't imagine a dog wanting to walk 6 hours to the summit of a mountain boggles my mind.

I should video Geneva and the way she stalks me around the house when she sees me start packing my backpack to make sure she is going on the hike too.

Maybe some dogs are natural couch potatoes, but none of the ones I know.

;)

The person who commented they couldn't imagine a dog wanting to walk 6 hours to the summit of a mountain boggles my mind.

I'm guessing it has more to do with the owners who can't imagine themselves walking for 6 hours. :rolleyes:

CNN Headline News has a brief story about this. Pretty interesting the little contraption they made as the 'wheelchair' for the dog. From the quick video clips they showed, the dog seemed to be having as much fun as any other dog out for a romp.

What a cute pup!

I should video Geneva and the way she stalks me around the house when she sees me start packing my backpack to make sure she is going on the hike too.

Maybe some dogs are natural couch potatoes, but none of the ones I know.

;)

My son's dog, Penny, has only been hiking with me a few times but those hikes have created an amazing bond between us. I'm like her second best friend, next to my son. I'd take her with me more often, but my living logistics make it difficult to arrange.