Hikers find dead body in Harriman State Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You hardly ever see any followup articles. I never heard of any autopsy results or anything. I've ran into a lot of local kids camped around there, but usually a lot farther up where there are better views and illegal ATV use.

Jay

The last article I saw said there was an autopsy pending and they had leads on his ID, perhaps his family came forward and wanted his identity protected.

That, or he was some random homeless person who died alone. :confused:

Where he was found, I would suspect the latter. :( I know of no hiker/camper who would camp about 1000ft from the thruway on the SIDE of a hill, full of rocks and just off the trail. Suffern is close to a bus station and also a park and ride, and also close to downtown, which does make it very convenient for a person w/o means to get around. Anybody who actually would be camping would certainly go up to the ridge where there is at least a nice view and a quieter campsite.

I used to bike by a small homeless camp on my way to work everyday, I would say hello and see them in their tent, right by a train station and some small strip mall. Then one day, one of them was found dead by the train tracks and since then, the cops cleared them from their makeshift home. Haven't seen them there ever since, but again, it was a convenient spot, close to both a train and bus station, close to small delis and somewhat hidden. So, I suspect the location fits the demographics of what makes a good shelter.

Jay

The "Dead body found" title of these threads is always unsettling. Perhaps we should put a date in the original thread title to separate updates from new events.